• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RINRIN

+ To - Resistance Value

RINRIN

Hi,

Last night I went to the garage and get in my pug. I turned the keys and nothing happens. B)

Then I remember that there was a problem with the alarm. :)

So I bought a new battery. :wub:

By the way I measured the resistance between the + and the - battey cables. The reslt was 9 Ohms between the cables.

Is that normal or there is a bug in the system? B)

SeanO'Connor
Hi,

Last night I went to the garage and get in my pug. I turned the keys and nothing happens. B)

Then I remember that there was a problem with the alarm. :)

So I bought a new battery. :wub:

By the way I measured the resistance between the + and the - battey cables. The reslt was 9 Ohms between the cables.

Is that normal or there is a bug in the system? B)

With the battery connected? With everything switched on but the batt disconnected? or do you mean 9 Volts measured on volts?

large

That sounds a bit low to me, a reading of 9 oms will give you a drain of about 1.3 amps.

RINRIN
With the battery connected? With everything switched on but the batt disconnected? or do you mean 9 Volts measured on volts?

Battery disconneted, only cables, obviously all closed

That sounds a bit low to me, a reading of 9 oms will give you a drain of about 1.3 amps.

Low is OK then, this will last the battery life:) I turned the alarm off.

so what do yoy think?

large

NO! low is BAD If you have nothing turned on your resistance should be up in the meg ohms.

As I said you are using 1.3 amps with the car turned off so after a day or so you will have a flat battery.

RINRIN

S**t

When I turn the alarm on the resistance goes to Mohms, and ı thought it is to high.

Then I turn the alrm of and reduces to 10 ohms

I need to disconnet he battery then

large

Or you could fit a battery cut off switch.

welshpug

just a dis-carnect will suffice :blush:

(or trace the fault)

Edited by welshpug

RINRIN

OK Thanks now I go and disconnect the battery.

Later I will trace it

large

Trace the fault would be the thing to do. Just thought I would suggest the cut off switch as it is a quick fix and saves the agrow of going under the bonnet every time you want to use the car.

ablister

what resistance are in your multimeter leads?

RINRIN

Ok I come back, I am sure there is problem :blush:

10 ohm between battery cables when alarm off

M ohms when alarm is on.

large

How can you test resistance with the alarm on? You can't test the circuit with the battery connected.

SeanO'Connor

Are you sure your alarm isn't bust? Could be that causing your drain, may battery was always running flat, so I removed the alarm no problems at all now.

RINRIN
How can you test resistance with the alarm on? You can't test the circuit with the battery connected.

There is a key on the alarm to make the alarm on and off, No battery connection.

Are you sure your alarm isn't bust? Could be that causing your drain, may battery was always running flat, so I removed the alarm no problems at all now.

I am afraid of that.

Today I found that the alarm connection for the bonnet was gone and I fixed it now the alarm works fine, but I need your comments on this. When the battery connected the resistance between + and - goes to Mega ohms, when I emove the battery the resistance drops to 30 ohms now.

What do you say now, the resistance goes to Mohms with battery connected is this ok? and without battery it sucks

I don no please comment.

large

To be honest i dont know what you are on about :) but if you have your resistance up to 30 ohms that is only pulling 400mA which may be normal for your alarm.

RINRIN

At last I found the boot light was open always and the alarm was failing to secure the bonnet, after resolving that I also renewed the earth points, at the end I had 12mA passing in the system,

This results 1Mohms, :)

Sign in to follow this