• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

My Newly Made Pedal Box... You Like Or Dislike?

Spiky

obviously i dont know if it works as the engine only went back in the engine bay 5 mins ago..lol

and before anyone comments there are nyloc nuts on the MC's now :lol:

DSC05655.jpg

DSC05656.jpg

DSC05657.jpg

going to get my mate to make a few of these, if anyone is interested :)

welshpug

been to the gym lately? :)

what size MC's did you opt for?

Spiky

no need for the gym :)

i had a lotus elise, none of them came servo assisted :lol:

.625 front and .7 rear i also have a rear portioning valve :D

welshpug

shouldn't need the valve if the mc's are chosen appropriately and balanced with the adjuster bar.

Matt Holley
going to get my mate to make a few of these, if anyone is interested :)

Could be B) let me know how you get on with them :D

Para

I guess you have a track car ? Is there any point of putting that to fast road car ?

Anthony

Certainly looks pretty smart, and if it works I can see them selling well if you're asking sensible money for them :)

Out of interest, what's clearance like between the engine and MC's with the pedal box fitted, as you've obviously lost the thickness of the servo but looks like the MC's are angled further downwards compared to how I remember a standard pedalbox/servo/MC being (although I admit it's been months since I've looked at one that's been removed from the car)?

Spiky
I guess you have a track car ? Is there any point of putting that to fast road car ?

yeah full on track car, but stuill drive it to all tracks, inc the RING :D

Certainly looks pretty smart, and if it works I can see them selling well if you're asking sensible money for them :)

Out of interest, what's clearance like between the engine and MC's with the pedal box fitted, as you've obviously lost the thickness of the servo but looks like the MC's are angled further downwards compared to how I remember a standard pedalbox/servo/MC being (although I admit it's been months since I've looked at one that's been removed from the car)?

they will be priced well B)

i dont know exactly how much clearance as the subframe is not on the car yet, hopfully tonight more will be done

the engine is now sat on normal mounts (BBM) with std bottom arm too,

i eager to see hoe much the MC's and how much the ex manifold is from my newly modified bulkhead :D

marksorrento205

Ive made one almost the same, found a pic on the net and copied the idea on a spare pedal box I had :D Will be intersted to know whats its like to use on the road and if clearance issues are reduced

philfingers

Just refitted my engine in (Mi) today. I opted to modify the bulhead too. I cut a large chunk out and even managed th get the std heat shield back in place. With regard to clearance of the M/C. With the bias box you really need to strengthen the pedal box mounts as non servo means you need to use more pedal pressure which can crack the bulhead. I have mounted the reinforcing panel on the inside of the bulhead. Bit more tricky to do but not impossible. I'm running std servo just now so the extra thickness of the bulhead is on the inside. All goes in, tho the M/C does touch the cambelt covers. Will post pics at some point,

Phil

Spiky

mines fitted and gives this clearance

DSC05669.jpg

DSC05670.jpg

Edited by Spiky

Baz

They look great Spiky, could be very interested in one. :D

Tom Fenton

Nice to see someone actually making something themselves for their car good for you.

Here is one my mate Phil made for our track car. As you can see the plate the master cylinders mounts too is further back and also level with the mounting flange, it gives bags of clearance. I'm confused as to why you've put yours at an angle; to me it almost looks as though as the pedal moves through its arc you are going to get progressively gradually less pressure applied on the master cylinders. Maybe not noticeable, but may give an odd feeling pedal. You also really shouldn't need a rear proportioning valve, the main purpose of a bias box is to allow bias adjustment!!

DSC00173.jpg

de Noir

Looking good Spiky! :)

Spiky

the angle the rods move forward an backward with pedal movement is straight, :)

i think we might position them in a litte further, but it was our first try and cant be perfect first time, and we never knew how clearance we were going to get as my engine was out of the car :)

philfingers

Here's the pics of my pedal box reinforcing plate (care of AB Motorsport)

IMG_8980.jpg

IMG_8986.jpg

IMG_8994.jpg

welding on the column brace not the best, it's awkward to get to. Only two tiny welds as std anyway.

Spiky

thats what i planned to do, mount it inside :lol:

jonnie205

look spot on that, i would suggest using a stiffener plate on bulkhead as you will push pedal harder with no servo, nice welding too

Spiky

cheers

yeah bulkhead plate will be fitted :blink:

marksorrento205

Here is my attempt

th_205002-2.jpg

DanteICE

:) I WANT ONE!!!!!!

Ok stop teasing me, who is gonna make one? and how much?

Geoff

philfingers
cheers

yeah bulkhead plate will be fitted :lol:

Spiky,

Can you fit that with the engine in situ? It's somethign I want to do in the future

Phil

Ron_Jaegers

Looking good Spiky, as stated earlier I am interested in one. Do you have any idea of the total price as the box is in your picture?

I'm looking forward to on the road/track experiences from you.

Spiky
Spiky,

Can you fit that with the engine in situ? It's somethign I want to do in the future

Phil

i will be fitting mine inside, so wont affect the fact the engine is in or out :lol:

Spiky

well i thought i would update this,

this week i have been driving the car, gettings some miles on it, after a few changes, and to get used to the pedal box.

it's quite a change from a servo system, which is not helped with DS3000 pads all round. so need a little heat to work

but all is well and very pleased with the new setup

oulton park next will be the next test for it and me...lol

:lol: