• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
craig f90

Catch Tank. Do I Or Dont I?

craig f90

Sorry about this but cant see any other way but to ask :D

I have done searches under the titles of Mayo about 500 times since the 2.0 turbo engines in my car because i tend to get a fair ammount. I seem to get alot of condensation which is clearly water droplets in the neck and cap which form into mayo.

Its had this test, that test and what ever else. ( i clean them out regulary) It never uses water and i rarley use the thing on short journeys.

I made a call to Midland turbo and i told them my turbo was fubared. The nice lady immediatley said breathers are the cause.

Ive also had a look under catch tank for a few evenings now with no real answers. However i am now aware that Carb'd and T/B'd cars benifit but still not sure on Turbo'd cars.

Any advice as wether it would reduce condensation would be great,

Craig.

Turbo munching mayo hater.

welshpug

Surely its a problem caused by the installation in a 205 rather than the actual breathers themselves, is there anything different to how it was in the donor?

I cant imagine there to be a need for a catch tank, if there wads there would be thousands of factory cars with them fitted.

DrSarty

Are any of your breather pipes perished or cracked and are letting moisture in?

Crazy-legs!

Are you still running the one-way check valve that runs from the filler point to the T/B?

When i removed this from mine it suffered badly from the dreaded mayo!

Marc.

rapidcossie

fit a proper oil breather and seperator and you wont need a catch tank.

craig f90

Yeah, every things as per 406 in the 205. The only real alteration is an K&N filter. Ive cleaned and inspected the breathers this evening and they all seem to be in good health.

Ill have to give it another try and see what happens. Im just confused as to how it seems to build up so thick and quickly.

I used to get it in the 1.6 but not as much. But then i never used to get out of the thing.

Thankyou for your replies, folks.

Craig.

Sign in to follow this