• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nimmo

Plastic Trim Dye

davey sprocket
The heat gun works on the side plastics yes, but Ive found it doesn't work on the front bumper. Im gona order a bottle of that plasticare stuff as mine are off the car at the min:).

Hmmm...that's interesting.

I suspect that the bumpers on the 309 (like koskev's) are actually a different plastic than the 205 ones, the front spoiler and all is moulded in one piece.

Its my bumpers that are the problem (as you can probably tell from my avatar photo!!), not too worried about the side trims at the moment.

Unless someone comes along to say it definitely works on their 205 bumpers, it'll be plasticare for me.

Edited by davey sprocket

SeanO'Connor

Let me into the heat gun trick? it's new to me. I have problems with my trims too.

Paintguy
I suspect that the bumpers on the 309 (like koskev's) are actually a different plastic than the 205 ones,

Yes they are :D

Let me into the heat gun trick? it's new to me. I have problems with my trims too.

It's been described pretty well a few posts up.

CosKev
CosKev

just how much heat did you put into that tripm with a heat gun?

Phil

Quite alot of heat,needed to remove the red inserts as they were bubbling very easily :D

Very impressive....please tell us that this is not a wind up though...... :(

....I'm looking at the overspray on the floor behind, it looks distinctly like the colour of your treated trims!! :lol:

LOL,well spotted Sherlock!!!! ;)

Does the shape on the garage floor look like the side trims????? :ph34r::P

I painted the small plastic trims off the rear opening windows on the 309 Gti ;)

Trims are heatgunned honestly officer.............. ^_^

Sign in to follow this