• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mainline

Quick Caliper Question

mainline

Will a set of 'standard 205 brake calipers' fit a 1.6 GTi with standard front brakes. I have found a pair for cheap which I might buy if they will fit. I am assuming they will, its the Bendix type which I have got, but want to be sure as they won't accept a return and they aren't sure.

The info I have is "Front Brake Calipers suitable for Peugeot 205 and 309 with the Bendix Braking System, fitted with solid discs" - the main think I am worried about is that mine appears to have vented discs :)

Cheers

Ian

Flix

Sounds like they are 1.9 rear calipers.

Or a non GTI?

Edited by Flix

mainline
Sounds like they are 1.9 rear calipers.

Or a non GTI?

I think they are just standard front calipers as fitted to most models. Definitely not 1.9 GTi rear calipers.

Edited by mainline

mainline

Have found out they won't fit the vented discs fitted to the 1.6, so its a no go :D

Ah well

Anthony

Not quite true - they will fit if you swap the pad carriers over from 1.6 GTi Bendix calipers.... but you need a special 5-sided socket for that.

mainline

Interesting, cheers Anthony. Anyone got a spare 5 sided socket? I would certainly pay postage and return it free of charge :D

Mikey S
Interesting, cheers Anthony. Anyone got a spare 5 sided socket? I would certainly pay postage and return it free of charge :D

there actually not a great deal to buy. i have one, a draper iirc, and it only cost me around a fiver.

number2301

Hmmm, would that be why my new rear calipers came with one normal and one 5 sided bolt then? The old ones just used normal bolts so I just refitted them with those.

Sign in to follow this