• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
autograsser

Adjusting Coolant Temp Sensor

autograsser

a little while back somebody mentioned that it was possible to play about with the coolant temp sensor, will this give me more power??? im not fussed about fuel consumption or emissions as its 100 a track car!! it will only really be raced at max revs in 2nd gear :blink: so is it worth it??? if sooo could somebody tell me how :rolleyes:

philfingers

you put a resistor in line with the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature sensor) and if fools the engine into thinking it's cooler so gives it more fuel. Not sure how effective it is tho. May work if you've added a cam etc but you'd be better having it setup by someone who know's what theyre doing really

phil

welshpug

not worth it at all, if its running as it should there's nothing you can do to the standard system to gain more power without uprating components like camshafts.

munster

You can have my faulty one if you like. I was getting about 25mpg with it :)

It gave me no extra power though im afraid..

Mikey S
you put a resistor in line with the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature sensor) and if fools the engine into thinking it's cooler so gives it more fuel. Not sure how effective it is tho. May work if you've added a cam etc but you'd be better having it setup by someone who know's what theyre doing really

phil

it will end up borewashing the engine and wrecking the bottom end.

rapidcossie

more fuel WITHOUT more air will defo not give more more, infact it will wreck engine over time

autograsser
more fuel WITHOUT more air will defo not give more more, infact it will wreck engine over time

cool thanks guys

Sign in to follow this