• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bill

Altenators For Mi16

bill

As title please guys, i think the altenators gone on my 205 mi16, let me down about a week ago, and not really looked into since, had a look on ebay and there seems to be quite a few, but i'm unsure what i need, do i need one for a 205 gti, or presumably one for a 405, if the later, then is there a specific one i need, or will any do?

found them at £29 new on ebay

cheers

Rom

Im still using the Alt off my 205 engine on mine.

There should be a sticker or something on yours giving a power rating. 70 amp or something. Theres often different versions dependaing on model / engine size etc.

bensonmi

205 one used on mine,think that some differ with different belt types if i remember correctly?

bill

i've had a look, and it looks like there has been a sticker there at some point, but its peeled off, so i'm still unsure of which one to get to be honest? it also looks like a bit of a bugger to fit, with the carbs in the way, so it may be a job for the garage, but i'd still like to order my own and then give it him to fit, so i i dont end up paying dealership prices.

anyone got any part numbers of the one i should be trying to get hold of?

cheers

welshpug

there was a Diesel alternator fitted to the 1.6 gti that I fitted an iron block Mi16 into, fitted the iron block bracket too.

bill

i'm going to take the car to my local garage and leave it for him to decide lol, i need a few things doing there so its probably the easiest option for me

cheers for the replys :)

Para

Just check the numer on your alternator ( it's not on sticker ) and then show that to people from GSF , they will find something for you for sure.

Sign in to follow this