• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bensonmi

Mi16 Not Starting

bensonmi
righteo!

ignore pin 15, i made a mistake! :)

earths are pin 5, 16 and 19.

pemanant is pin 18.

switched lives are pins 14, 19 and 21.

taken from my 2 row ecu chap.

mike

cheers il give that a try tomorow, will it make any difference that its a 3 row in mine?

darojac

On a 3-row ECU, the permanent live is on pin 18, wire 1B, and the switched live is on pin 27, wire 2E. This also goes to the coil, pin 3, wire 2A, and to the Ignition Amp pin 4, wire 2B.

When cranking, the injection relay coil pin 2, wire 36, is earthed via ECU pin 36 - it has a permanant +ve on the other side of the relay coil at pin 1, wire 1B, and therefore energises. This in turn puts a +ve onto the fuel pump relay coil at pin 1 wire 20B (as well as to the injectors, the ICV and ecu pin 37). The other side of the relay coil at pin 2, wire 20C, is earthed via the ecu at pin 3

Hope this helps

Dave

bensonmi
On a 3-row ECU, the permanent live is on pin 18, wire 1B, and the switched live is on pin 27, wire 2E. This also goes to the coil, pin 3, wire 2A, and to the Ignition Amp pin 4, wire 2B.

When cranking, the injection relay coil pin 2, wire 36, is earthed via ECU pin 36 - it has a permanant +ve on the other side of the relay coil at pin 1, wire 1B, and therefore energises. This in turn puts a +ve onto the fuel pump relay coil at pin 1 wire 20B (as well as to the injectors, the ICV and ecu pin 37). The other side of the relay coil at pin 2, wire 20C, is earthed via the ecu at pin 3

Hope this helps

Dave

ok, here is what iv found today

pin 18 / 27 / 3 / 4 / 36 / 1

volt 9.77 / 11.91 /0.14 / 0.14 / 9.55 / 1.84

does this make any sense? its all with ignition switched on,is there any thing else i should check?

cheers again for all the help! :D

Edited by bensonmi

Mikey S
ok, here is what iv found today

pin 18 / 27 / 3 / 4 / 36 / 1

volt 9.77 / 11.91 /0.14 / 0.14 / 9.55 / 1.84

does this make any sense? its all with ignition switched on,is there any thing else i should check?

cheers again for all the help! :D

pin 18 voltage is low, should be battery voltage. its lost 3 odd volts somewhere so you may have a poor connection/bad wire somewhere.

pin 27 is ok.

pins 3 and 4 should see battery voltage. indicates a bust wire somewhere.

pins 36 and 1 will need to be checked when engine is cranking.

does it still crank benson?

mike

bensonmi
pin 18 voltage is low, should be battery voltage. its lost 3 odd volts somewhere so you may have a poor connection/bad wire somewhere.

pin 27 is ok.

pins 3 and 4 should see battery voltage. indicates a bust wire somewhere.

pins 36 and 1 will need to be checked when engine is cranking.

does it still crank benson?

mike

yeah it still turns over fast but no sign of firing!

Mikey S
yeah it still turns over fast but no sign of firing!

i really think you need to start having a dig through the loom with a meter and check the wiring out. it sounds like theres a broken/damaged wire somewhere.

bensonmi
i really think you need to start having a dig through the loom with a meter and check the wiring out. it sounds like theres a broken/damaged wire somewhere.

ah sounds like my worst nightmare!! looks like i got some more fun times ahead of me!but hopefully il check the 1s that are down on power and i could be lucky,doubt it tho,im not that lucky :D

philfingers

ever get this sorted out, if so what was it?

bensonmi
ever get this sorted out, if so what was it?

no still the same,thinking its the alarm/immobiliser playing up so waiting for my friend to take it and remove it all. but hopeing to give it another try tommorow once the shafts are back in.

Sign in to follow this