• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Engine Fan

timmsy19

Hi all i know for a fact this has been covered many many times before but i cant seem t find anything about it

My engine fan fails to come so i found out last night while in center of london in traffic with steam gushing from my engine bay. Great fun :huh:

the fan fails to come on at all

can anyone point me in the right direction.

Tom Fenton

Unplug the wires from the fan switch which is in the rad end tank. Short 2 of the 3 connectors together, dioesn't matter which, try all combinations and the fan should start. If it does then this proves your fan switch is u/s. If it doesn't start you have other issues you need to look into. However in my experience the fan switch is usually the culprit.

large

First off I would test the fan, just unplug the fan and put 12v on it.

If it runs then check the switch that is in the rad and the relay/resistor.

The wiring loom for the fan is self contained and is small so just follow the wires.

My fan is only running on fast as i dont have a resistor/relay so i dont think it is that.You should have a little balck box by the bat test the fuses in that 2x25A.

Or just do what tom said :huh:

Dam my slow typing

Edited by large

timmsy19

cool cheers fella's

i'll look into it when its stopped raining

Sign in to follow this