• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jij205

Which Box

Guest jij205

Hello people, The gearbox on my peugeot 205 has blown and i was wondering which other gearbox would bolt strait on? woul a diesel 205 box fit? Also whats th engine code on my 205 1.4 xr? it's a 1993 model if that makes a diffrents? thancksfor urhelp in advance. :lol:

swordfish210

any MA box will fit

mattbenselin

The engine is a TU type (GTI and diesel are XU) so as swordfish210 said you will need a MA 'box from another 205 or 106 or AX or anything with a TU engine. Be aware that there are probably different gear sets in different cars (much like the GTI) so if your not sure best to fine one from another XR.

Matt

joe1joe

not any ma box....... the early one have a diffrent bellhousing... and the later one have a bigger diff pin,

projectpug

A saxo vts/106 gti has quite close gears and they are MA.

RossD

Only the gearboxes for the 1.6 models had the uprated diff 'pin' according to ServiceBox

joe1joe

not too much of a problem i dont think, all you gota do is fit the seals 3 mill proud.

joe1joe

not too much of a problem i dont think, all you gota do is fit the seals 3 mill proud.

Jrod

I was told that sitting the seal proud is not the way to do it, because the shaft is longer it hits the pin which eventually causes failure. Not tried it so don't know though...

scottypug

whilst on the subject of gear boxes will a 106 box bolt on to my 1.1 205 because mine only has 4 gears thanks

drmo
I was told that sitting the seal proud is not the way to do it, because the shaft is longer it hits the pin which eventually causes failure. Not tried it so don't know though...
It does cause failure and it makes sounds, that you don't want. So propper shafts or different FD are necesary.

whilst on the subject of gear boxes will a 106 box bolt on to my 1.1 205 because mine only has 4 gears thanks
Like it was said before...it depends on the type of the bellhousing. Edited by drmo

snillet

Has the gearbox in the 106 1.5diesel got the larger diff-pin ?

snillet
Has the gearbox in the 106 1.5diesel got the larger diff-pin ?

Noone ?

My guess is that since the 1.5D isn´t a very powerful engine, even in the torque area it´s got the smaller diff but if anyone knows for shure i´d appreciate som input.

RossD

According to servicebox, no it hasnt. Only the 1.6 models have this. (Both 8v and 16v versions)

snillet
According to servicebox, no it hasnt. Only the 1.6 models have this. (Both 8v and 16v versions)

thx ! :D