• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timb1046

Curley Wurly Coolant? Thing In Engine Bay

timb1046

after having an RAC man pick me up the other day having snapped my clutch cable on the ring road he looked in my engine bay and asked what this part was and asked if it was standard.

i've always known it was there and just assumed that it did somthing important and that was it. SO can anybody enlighten me as to what it is/does and if its standard?

This is the part, as you can see it has coolant pipes attached and a curly wurly thing.

n1622520002_30833_4455.jpg

this is where it is located in relation to other bits and bobs in the engine bay

n1622520002_30834_4735.jpg

Cheers

Tim

Tom Fenton

It is not standard, I'm not sure what it is, are you sure they are coolant pipes? I see your car has power steering, is it an electric power steering pump??

timb1046

im not sure that they are coolant pipes, i presumed that they would be, which was a silly thing to do realy. i will trace them back later on today when i have a spare minute. good spotting on the PS!

ORB

I have no fookin Idea what that is!

DrSarty
I have no fookin Idea what that is!

Me neither, but I want one now, whatever it is!

P.S. You could fit your battery terminal better. Losing face/post contact is bad, especially in the cold weather to come. Your battery will thank you.

Edited by DrSarty

Mikey S

it looks like a reducer from a previous gas conversion maybe. its either that or a coolant pump that plugs into the mains so it keeps the coolant warm and flowing around the engine aiding cold starts.

timb1046
it looks like a reducer from a previous gas conversion maybe. its either that or a coolant pump that plugs into the mains so it keeps the coolant warm and flowing around the engine aiding cold starts.

presto!!! i should have thought of that! the car used to have a gas conversion, but that got removed when the engine was replaced several years ago! thanks! now the only problem is how to remove it. thanks!

DrSarty; the battery terminals are on my ever growing list of "to dos" for the car. but yes i think sooner rather than later would be better with the weather as what it is!

cheers

Tim

mr_exe

I'll second that, tis a vapouriser from a LPG conversion

Sign in to follow this