• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hodge

Rear Axle Siezed

Guest Hodge

Hi guys, I have recently bought a K reg 205 GTI 1.6, the problem I have is the rear axle is seized and I can't seem to find a replacment. I was just wanting to know if I can replace it with a one from a standard 205 as i may be able to get one out of a 1.4 CJ model or a diesel 205?

welshpug

you could indeed use the CJ or diesel assembly, but do fit the GTI torsion bars and ARB, as well as the GTI brake assembly.

preferably strip the new beam apart prior to fitting, fit new seals and bearings at the very least, this will give it a fighting chance :wacko:

Guest Hodge
you could indeed use the CJ or diesel assembly, but do fit the GTI torsion bars and ARB, as well as the GTI brake assembly.

preferably strip the new beam apart prior to fitting, fit new seals and bearings at the very least, this will give it a fighting chance :wacko:

Thanks For that, what is the ARB? Also will the ride height be the same on these model?

cybernck

moved to the correct forum :lol:.

Sign in to follow this