• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DM88PUG

Electric Windows

M@tt

just continuity check the earth pins at the plug switch to a known earth point ie the one under the steering column that will indicate whether they're earthed OK. If they're not it'll then be a case of finding where the switches should earth to and check they're connected.

Once your sure the earths are working then you can just bridge the 12v pin on the switch to one of the switch pins that go to the electric window motor and then pin one of the earths to the other wire that goes to the window motor, as you know that your getting 12v to the switch that'll tell you whether the motors are knackered or not.

dch1950

Hi Everyone,

Xmas out of the way and must really get my electric windows sorted. I have a PH2 model and as you can see from the attached pictures the wiring is a little haphazard!(not quite the loom extension and plugs I was expecting)

and this one

I can identify the motor wires easily enough but why did Mr super electrician feel the need chop into the earths and wire 92,92A ? weird!

I haven't altered anything on this set up and want to test the motors.Can I just take a wire direct from the battery and by-pass the switch?

regards

Dave.

M@tt

yep just take a 12v feed and earth and connect them to the 2 motor wires,

obviously just switch the wires round if it doesn't appear to be doing anything as you might be trying to wind the window up when its already at the top

Edited by M@tt

Sign in to follow this