• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MerlinGTI

Anyone Do An Uprated Be1 Clutch Fork?

MerlinGTI

Just wondering if anyone sells an uprated BE1 clutch fork (made of stronger material or strengthened so it wont bend like the standard item)

Im looking in miles's direction :)

If not any pics of how you strengthened yours?

welshpug

strong enough as they are if all the pivots are free and working as they should :)

MerlinGTI

Mines bent, they bend over time and you have to keep adjusting the clutch cable.

Common problem I thought

welshpug

not had to adjust my clutch in 15k miles!

jj205

My 1.9 with be1 box had a modified looking fork when i did the clutch, some one had just welded it up and added some more piecess of steel to stop the bit on the shaft bending, ive never seen a modifed one for sale myself.

MerlinGTI

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...e1+clutch\

I think this guy was suffering from the same problem as me.

I have had a new clucth 5K or so ago, clutch cable 10k or so ago. My cable is nearly on max adjustment. After 100 miles or so after the new cluctch was in it was getting a tiny bit difficult to select gears, adjusted the cable up a bit and it was fine. Same again a while back but now as I said im nearly on max cable adjustment and its getting a little picky about goiing in gear again.

So i conclude something is bending over time somewhere, Im not sure what exactly. Anyone shed some light please?

It could of course be a janky streachy cable? It was a motorfactors one afterall.

What would you guys suggest I replace/modify?

Edit: even poorer spelling than usual :)

Edited by MerlinGTI

Miles

The quadrant bit bend's, As said in that post a run of weld sort's it out

C_W

Just fit a BE3 arm setup on it; just need to extend the clutch cable by about 100mm or so, much better control and lighter too (and no more snapping cables or bending the arm).

Sign in to follow this