• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathan_marriott

306 Trailing Arms

Nathan_marriott

Hi.

Ive got hold of a 306 rear beam so can have -ve camber arms for the new rally car, (along with disc braked rear end) and when ive split the arms today from the "axel" the inserts are goosed............

121120081125.jpg

121120081124.jpg

I have been to peugeot and they say that the 306 comes with the axel tube fitted to the arm, and its a small fortune to buy a pair...........

but the 205 tubes are still avalible, under closer inspection the 306 ones look as tho they can be pressed out, so main question is..... can it be done and do the 205 ones fit??

121120081126.jpg

ta very muchly.

jonnie205

tell the bloke on the pug desk hes a twat. The 306 arms have interference fit shafts just like the 205 ones. The 205 and 306 shafts are the same

Nathan_marriott

thats that answered then, well it showed it on the IPC, but they are rubbish!!! :ph34r:

Next question, best place to get them from then?? Im in derby..........

thanks

Anthony
tell the bloke on the pug desk hes a twat. The 306 arms have interference fit shafts just like the 205 ones. The 205 and 306 shafts are the same

Actually, the guy on the parts desk is merely saying what Peugeot list - look on the Parts CD etc and you'll see it says exactly what the guy is saying.... so a bit off refering to him as a t**t when he's merely relaying the information he has to the customer, wouldn't you say? :ph34r:

But yes, despite what Peugeot claim 205 and 306 trailing arm shafts are compatible/interchangeable and can be pressed in and out no problem :D

VisaGTi16v

Well, if they work on the parts desk its their responsibility to know every single part number without looking it up :ph34r: Worryingly they know my name at Citroen now which can only mean I spend too much money there! Its funny to confuse them by giving them their own part numbers though! Bloke at local Peugeot seems a bit better. Last time I wanted something Visa only, I had to go round the back into the parts area and look it up on their micro fish film thingy lol

• Like 1

welshpug

I believe the only place at the moment that can source them is Peugeot/Citroen.

part number 5176 17, currently at £85 inc vat :( far cry from the £39 I paid for some O.E items from GSF back in May :blink:

Miles

Yes the 306 Arm's as Ant has comfirmed are only available as a complete unit, Why is anyone's guess but even why did they make one tube have a smaller hole in.

Yes the only place for the Arm's is Pug, I;ve got the next batch from GSF on back order!!

Sign in to follow this