• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
WooDooUK

Excess Pedal Travel/play

WooDooUK

Hi All,

In my 1.9 GTI i currently have 206 GTI 180 Calipers with Mintex 1144 pads, pushed by a 406 Master Cylinder.

I fitted the 406 Master cylinder to eliminate the excess travel found with the standard 205 cylinder. however it made very little (if any) difference, but the pedal does also feel as if there is a little play in the pedal rather than just the extra travel.

Any Ideas what this could be?

welshpug

check what size the 406 master cylinder is.

Spiky

you didn't need to change the MC for those breaks as the caliper is slight smaller than the gti6

57 v 54

i'd put the 205 MC back on, well buy a new one :blink:

GTI6BOY

same here...i dont know why people do this. A new 205 part and the brakes are awesome

pug_ham
check what size the 406 master cylinder is.

Aren't all 406 master cylinders the same size @ 23.8mm? Certainly all the ones I've ever seen have been.

Has the servo pushrod been adjusted to suit the new m/c or is it still the same as it was for the 205 one? IIRC some people that have fitted the 406 m/c have had to adjust the pushrod so it was longer to suit the new m/c or they've had a long travel.

I agree with the two coments above though, on the one car I drove with the 306 GTi-6 conversion the standard m/c was fine when the brakes were bled up properly imo.

Graham.

WooDooUK

Cheers Guys, i think checking the pushroad is going to be the first thing to check.

Sign in to follow this