• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Sidemounted But Adjustable Buckets?

Rich_p

I've been looking into fitting some side mount seats into the 309, I want to replace the weak standard mounts and get some stronger one in there with the seats mounted nice and low.

Now I have an issue, my friend who also drives the car is somewhat taller than me so we have to mess about moving the seat forward and back when we change drivers.

What options to have it I want side mount but adjustable seats?

I don't want to be unbolting them everytime we change driver lol

Batfink

a lot of the side mounts have an element of adjustability. How much difference in seat position is there?

You could always add another set of rails further back.

Rich_p
a lot of the side mounts have an element of adjustability. How much difference in seat position is there?

You could always add another set of rails further back.

On standard seats I have it most of the way forward (I'm 5'8) and he has it most of the way back (He's 6ft plus.

The problem we don't want to have to unbolt the seat between runs as on certain activity days we swap every other run and theres only a 5 min wait while we que, it would get hugely annoying.

Batfink

whats the car being used for?

Just been looking at the OMP range. They do seat sliders. At a guess these will bolt to the floor rails, then you fit the side mounts to this.

Edited by Batfink

Rich_p

It's used for airfield days and once the cage and seats are in it will be used on track.

I guess we could use thoughs runner on the drivers side. The pass side can just remain fixed in the far back postion.

It's not my daily driver.

MrG

but that may raise the seat height (wouldn't it?)

Batfink

yes but you no doubt will have the mounting points as low down as possible to start - certainly will be lower than the standard bits. It will be a bit higher but thats the price you pay for sliders...

Sign in to follow this