• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Replacing Arb Bushes

djinuk

I have a knocking when i go over bumps coming from the left front side of my car, ive replaced drop links, wishbones, and top mounts.. since ive chagned all that ive decided i may aswell replace the Arb Bushes, Ive not done these before, is it a big job, and what does it involve. also does anybody reccomend any particular make of supplier or arb bushes. or have a part number for the gsf ones.

swordfish210

EDIT: sorry just awnsered my own question.

It's not a massive job really. I'd get the bushes from Peugeot. To replace them you need to undo the 4 bolts at the back of the subframe and the lower engine mount bolt. Then undo the bush clamp bolts and slide the bushes out from inside the clamps. Slide the new bushes in and tighten everything back up again.

Edited by swordfish210

pug_ham

As said, get the genuine Peugeot ones. They are under £10 for the pair iirc.

Graham.

swordfish210
As said, get the genuine Peugeot ones. They are under £10 for the pair iirc.

Graham.

Didn't realise they were that cheap. The ones from the local motor factors are about £18 for the pair. Luckily i'v never had to buy any :blink:

pug_ham
Didn't realise they were that cheap. The ones from the local motor factors are about £18 for the pair. Luckily i'v never had to buy any :D

Yeah, last time I bought some (had to get two of each) but they weren't as expensive a I expected.

Just checked on Service box;

5094.42 BAR BEARING 3.71 GBP 4.36 GBP 4.36 GBP

5094.43 BAR BEARING 3.85 GBP 4.52 GBP 4.52 GBP

Graham.

Sign in to follow this