• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest sam-kearney

Bloody Freezing!

Guest sam-kearney

hows it going,

any of you lads know how i can bleed m heater matrix as its barely blowing warm air at all,

demisting front window with a chamois pad sucks, and cant get comfie in my 205 wearing a big parka! :D

the cars a 1.6 1992, i had a look under the bonnet tonight there are two pipes on the bulkhead one has some sort of a screw/hole

do i use this??? ;)

Mikey S

yes mate, undo it with the engine not running and wait for the air to bleed out. it maybe neccesary to blow into the header tank to force the air out. once the coolant comes out uniterupted, put the cap back on and try it.

Guest sam-kearney
yes mate, undo it with the engine not running and wait for the air to bleed out. it maybe neccesary to blow into the header tank to force the air out. once the coolant comes out uniterupted, put the cap back on and try it.

ahh cheers fella i'll give that a go in the morning i'll let ya know how i get on :D

Guest sam-kearney

mmm frustration now,, couldn't wait till the morning, so i went out and gave that a try there, yes i got a bit of air and then a load of coolant on the ground but still not much heat!!!! have i bigger fish to fry--or freeze-- now,

would it be my interior fan it kinda whistles as its blowing not alot of power in that either ie: a sheet of paper won't get blown away from the window demister,,

wasn't really a problem in the summer but its is now as this is my one and only car!!!

i will be gratefull if anyone can give me a few pointers :D

grandos

Did you top up the coolant while you had the bleed screw open?

Make sure you keep checking the level.

The way I bleed the system (may not be the correct way) when filling, is to keep topping the coolant reservior up till it gets to the MAX line. Then open the bleed screw at the back (heater matrix) then the bleed screw near the distributor.

All the while macking sure the level is allways at max.

Give the top rad hose a couple of squeezes to help move things along.

I then close all the srews and start the engine.

With the coolant bottle cap off switch you blower speed to max, temp to max and let idle for a few minutes.

At this point I open the bleed srews again (just a bit) to ensure collant flows out (not air)then close them. If you get no coolant keep them open till you do.

Keep checking the level of the reservior.

This normally does the trick and then close the coolant bottle cap and check the engine fan cuts in and out. (at operating temp), one working perfectly cooling system :D

Guest sam-kearney

mmm i shall be getting the owl haynes out tommorow so!!

how do i get to the heater matrix???

and what about the fan are all 205's like that

Guest sam-kearney

iv'e tried this now it is a couple degrees warmer now alright!!! nothing too sweat over tho =^(

mhyphenl
iv'e tried this now it is a couple degrees warmer now alright!!! nothing too sweat over tho =^(

Just had the same problem with mine! There was no warmth at all from the blower. Firstly, under the drivers side of the centre console those two pipes come in from the bulkhead and into the heater. See if they're both getting hot, only one of mine was getting vaguely hot. Because the heater pipes are in the 'closed' loop, (ie thermostat closed!) Water should be circulating all the time. On mine I resorted to taking the pipes off the engine side going into the bulkhead and flushing water through with a hosepipe, I got completely covered in rusty gunk! Sorted it though. :D

Tom Fenton

As above, disconnect the pipes into the matrix and give it a good flush out to see if you can shift any crap, and then bleed it again. Also is the thermostat working? The car should come up to temp reasonably quickly from a cold start. My 205 heater gets really warm so when working properly you should get enough heat out.

Guest sam-kearney

ohh yeah must give this a go!!! i'll get the garden hose out wednesday!!!

how would i know if the thermostat isn't working!!!

after a long blast when i get home and lock up the car the radiator fan still whizzes on for maybe a minute or two, is this normal procedure??

my last cars didn't do this?

btw thanks for the help!!! :D

chris1986

i just put a new heater matrix in and i'm warm again, feels much warmer than with the old one. worth flushing though and i always bleed these up with the engine not running and top up till water comes out of both holes, then run for a while and check level.

chris-stdt

You shouldnt need a new one unless its leaking ,i had to flush mine out as i put some of that powder to stop radiator leaks in mine as a stop gap before fitting a new rad

Completly blocked my heater matrix and all i did was take off hoses as described and flush matrix both ways a few times ,put pipes back on and i had heat !!!

Sign in to follow this