• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richors

Wishbone Bushes And Discs

richors

Had a bit of a mishap on track yesterday when 3 wheel bolts came out and ended up with smashed disc and stripped threads etc - could have been a lot worse though.

Anyway, on inspection today the wishbone bushes are shot on drivers side which is clearly why the car was moving around even in straight lines - metal tube in center has come away from the bush - so the questions are - do people reckon poly bushes or standard?

How much are wishbones complete compared to just bushes and where is best place to buy?

Also, now i need new discs, the ones i have removed are 283mm and the calipers have what look to be different mounting brackets on with 3mm spacers to ensure wheels clear the calipers.

When buying new discs can i assume the 206/307 ones are ok for bolt spacing etc to go onto 205 1.9 gti hubs etc?

Just want to be sure i get correct ones. Again, where is best place to buy?

thanks for any help.

cheers

swordfish210

The genral concencus is that the genuine pug bushes are better than the poly bushes. they're stiffer, cheaper and they last longer.

richors
The genral concencus is that the genuine pug bushes are better than the poly bushes. they're stiffer, cheaper and they last longer.

Cheers - will get those then.

Just need to sort discs now

txs

boombang

The bushes come in a pack from pug with new bolts, far far cheaper as a kit rather than individual bushes.

Can't remember the part number but should come up on a search - has been covered so many times.

pug_ham

Richors, the part number for the bush kit is 3599.07, costs approx £20 for enough bushes to do both wishbones & comes with new nuts & bolts.

Infact the kit is cheaper than buying two of the wishbone bushes individually. :D

Graham.

richors

Cheers Graham.

How are you by the way - not seen you at trackdays recently. Still doing many?

Txs

Mark.

Sign in to follow this