• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Saveit

Drop-shaped Xu10 Or What?!

Saveit

Hi there,

Just bought a head from a 306 2.0 8v (xu10) which i intend to put on my 205 GTI. I have read that you needed to re-shape the ports because they are square on the XU10 head - BUT on the head that i have bought from the 306 the inlet is drop-shaped, and not square? Is this a real XU10 head or what? Have i been cheated?

I also got the manifold from the 306 (the black plastic one), should i use that or the one from the 205?

Stefan

pug_ham

You've read it in the wrong order, the inlet ports are round on the XU10 head & you have to re-shape them to suit the square inlet piorts of the 205 XU5/9 inlet manifold.

The inlet manifold from the 309 won't fit under the 205 bonnet as it sits at the wrong angle & teh air filter box forms part of the rocker cover.

Graham.

Saveit

But i also got another Xu10 head where the inlet ports are square?! Now im really confused. Is it possible that the head have been made with both round and square inlet ports in different models perhaps?

pug_ham
But i also got another Xu10 head where the inlet ports are square?! Now im really confused. Is it possible that the head have been made with both round and square inlet ports in different models perhaps?

I'd be surprised if Peugeot used two castings for the basically same head & I've never seen one with anything other than the round ports.

Is the other head definately from an 8v XU10 engine & not one thast already been modified or from an XU5/9?

Graham.

Richie-Van-GTi

Sounds like you have an xu9 head (square) and a xu10 head (round), or as above the square one is readily modified one.

Jakob

XU9 head:

Square inlet

Straight vertical position of plugs

<43mm inlet valves

XU10 head:

Oval inlet

Anglet postion of plugs

43mm inlet valves

xu9vsxu10gx4.th.jpg

Saveit
XU9 head:

Square inlet

Straight vertical position of plugs

<43mm inlet valves

XU10 head:

Oval inlet

Anglet postion of plugs

43mm inlet valves

xu9vsxu10gx4.th.jpg

I thought the inlet valves were bigger on the XU10 head? I thought that was the idea of putting the XU10 head on?

jimistdt
I thought the inlet valves were bigger on the XU10 head? I thought that was the idea of putting the XU10 head on?

< = Less than. :blink:

carbers205

Yeah the inlet valves on XU9 are 41.6mm

All XU10s Ive seen are round inlet

Sign in to follow this