• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
humanz

Front Wiper Relay

humanz

I know the front wiper relay in ph1 cars is found near the steering column. But in ph2 dashboard wiring, the wires run directly to the fuseboard.

This leads me to believe that the ph2 wiring harness uses a wash/wipe relay located on the fuseboard itself. So my question is, where is the relay found on the fuseboard: 1,2,3,4,5 or 6? (see picture below).

post-7319-1226224443_thumb.gif

And can I move the ph1 front wiper relay located near the steering column and plug it into the fuseboard at this location? Or will I have to get a specific wiper relay for the fuseboard?

Or is it that the ph1 dashboard harness uses two relays (one by the steering and another on the fuseboard) while the ph2 dashboard harness only uses one relay (located on the fuseboard)?

Thanks.

mr_exe

Its no 3 and its a blue one

Edited by mr_exe

humanz
Its no 3 and its a blue one

My relay in no. 3 is black. Is there anyway to tell from markings on the relay what it is for? I assume each relay only fits one particular spot.

mr_exe

Some are black say if its been replaced, when you remove the relay the intermittent wipe will stop work, or you can check by holding the relay and feel it operate.

humanz
Some are black say if its been replaced, when you remove the relay the intermittent wipe will stop work, or you can check by holding the relay and feel it operate.

Thanks. Guess I'll know when the electrician is finished checking the looms out.

Sign in to follow this