• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Redtop

Dry Sump Kit For Mi16

Redtop

Does anyone know if a dry sump kit was ever made for the engine block, or similar i.e same spacings for bolt holes etc. Looking about getting one, maybe some rally guys are using a dry sump setup or kit cars with the engine? Any information is appreciated.

maxirallye
Does anyone know if a dry sump kit was ever made for the engine block, or similar i.e same spacings for bolt holes etc. Looking about getting one, maybe some rally guys are using a dry sump setup or kit cars with the engine? Any information is appreciated.

Pace products supply a kit, originally used on the 405 touring cars.

Edited by maxirallye

Dj_mini

Hi

Pace make a kit for the mi16 iv got it on my engine it does the job brilliantly iv never had surge or presure problems but dont expect it to be cheap :blink:

markw

try paceproducts.co.uk and they are priced from £780 gulp

Batfink

you only get the dry sump and pump from Pace in the kit. You will need all the hose and an oil tank also. This can double the price!

philfingers

Reckon on about £1500 for a new kit and all the bit's you'll need. Not cheap!

Dj_mini
Reckon on about £1500 for a new kit and all the bit's you'll need. Not cheap!

By time you have got all the bits pump, sump, easy clean tank, catch tank, catch tank for engine, one way valve, 16row oil cooler. Then if you go for a remote oil filter and go for goodrige hoses rather than rubber id budget between £1700 - £1900.

maxirallye
By time you have got all the bits pump, sump, easy clean tank, catch tank, catch tank for engine, one way valve, 16row oil cooler. Then if you go for a remote oil filter and go for goodrige hoses rather than rubber id budget between £1700 - £1900.
nd then you have the problem of where to put the tank.....

grandos

Jesus :D

Bet you wish you never asked now!

Dj_mini
nd then you have the problem of where to put the tank.....

I had mine in boot as i didnt have room in the front even with the breathers outside the cabin it still stank of oil when it was hot.

but i beleave colin has managed to get batfink's in the engine bay?

Alastairh

Look on ebay. Theres a well spec'd Mi engine on there built by QEP, which i suspect is Murgies old lump. Hes mentions he may sell the dry sump seperate.

Worth a look, member is probably on here aswell...

maxirallye
I had mine in boot as i didnt have room in the front even with the breathers outside the cabin it still stank of oil when it was hot.

Yes, seen it, but a bit exposed for rallying, mine will sit behind a bulkhead in the passanger footwell.

blue_haddock

PVFCpug has got one on his MI16 with the tank in the boot. His breathes out through the rear wheel arch.

Dj_mini
Look on ebay. Theres a well spec'd Mi engine on there built by QEP, which i suspect is Murgies old lump. Hes mentions he may sell the dry sump seperate.

Worth a look, member is probably on here aswell...

Thats mine :D

PVFCpug has got one on his MI16 with the tank in the boot. His breathes out through the rear wheel arch.

Thats what i did with mine but you could still smell it i think it was seeping back up it the gaps on the boot!

Sign in to follow this