• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyR

Safe To Drive Without Droplinks?

AndyR

Is it safe to drive the car without any droplinks attached? Im going to have the vehicle towed to the garage with a solid tow bar cos the brakes are shagged... will the car steer ok it wont do any damage will it?

Snowman

It should be fine mate- you'll just be driving a car with no front anti-roll bar. Nothing unusual there as many cars don't have them.

The only issue could be that the ARB could rotate in it's mounts and dig in the ground. I don't know if this is possible though. If your not going too far then you could just use a length of string on each side to replicate the drop links and stop any possibility of the ARB rotating.

Chris

Miles

Christ no problems with that, Just as Snowman has said just make sure the ARB is tied up,

The rally boys don't run with one at all (Bit of unless info there)

Guest Bigj
Christ no problems with that, Just as Snowman has said just make sure the ARB is tied up,

The rally boys don't run with one at all (Bit of unless info there)

Miles is completely correct in what he says

On my rally car there are no anti roll bars and no drop links

the only problem I could see is if the bar rotates in its mounting whilst being towed

But then a bit of string will sort that out

HTH

John

AndyR

cool, was gonna hang the driveshaft down with string and a jubilee clip to let it rotate. then thought hmmm better fasten it up really!

Guest TRW

My mate doesn't have them connected on his - apparently the turn-in is loads better? (makes sense - but on a standard road car??)

Spose roll then depends on the damper/spring stiffness then. Could make weight transfer easier.

Nice on a fast wet bend then.... :o:D:D

AndyR

The amount of lock you can get on the wheels is rediculous.. dunno if its cos the links are missing/maybe Ive gone too soft using powersteering on the Sorrento. Better get the weights back out when I go back to manual rack.

Sign in to follow this