• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest diesel2000

Driving Lights

Guest diesel2000

Has anyone bought any of the replacement driving lights that are advertised on the homepage? What are they like and how long do they take to deliver? Im needing some replacements but need them pretty quickly.

jimistdt

I bought some the other day, they came the day after payment had been confirmed.

I bought mine 'cause I use B-roads a lot and needed the extra light. They've been fitted a week, but I have had a look at them this morning and to be fair, the screws holding the lenses are stating to rust already!

Rob Thomson

The ones that GSF supply (in a Bosch box) seem fairly decent and don't cost too much... I fitted a pair last weekend so can't comment on longevity but they seem nicely made and the beam is good for the size of lamp.

cRaig

I bought a set of the Bosch (GSF) ones. Nicely made, have been on a month and still look like new. Would definately recomend

Fox

I've got some, I swapped the screws for some stainless ones

Screws will rust, as you take the paint off when you do them up

jimistdt
I've got some, I swapped the screws for some stainless ones

Screws will rust, as you take the paint off when you do them up

What sized thread were they?

TBH, I never touched my screws because you don't need to, they're just not upto the job.

Guest diesel2000

what price were the GSF ones? The website is showing 21.50 but I dont know if thats each or a pair.

pug_ham

If GSF still have stock of the Bosch ones they are each but unless they've chaged since earlier this year they should be the original Siemn ones just in a Bosch box as they are now all part of the same company.

When I got mine the Leeds branch told me I'd got the last ones they had from the warehouse.

GSF part number for the oe Siem /Bosch ones is T94912.

Graham.

Guest diesel2000

They are listing them on their website so im assuming they still have them.

pug_ham
They are listing them on their website so im assuming they still have them.

So they are but only if you go through the vehicle selection method.

I tried a search for them with just the part number & got no results. :(

Think I might have to get another pair :blink: btw that price (£28) is each & plus vat less any club discount card you might have.

Graham.

paul_portsmouth

the ones on ebay are very good too for around the 40£ mark posted i have the yellow ones and they look like this after 3 months

Picture299.jpg

Edited by paul_portsmouth

Miles

The Denji one's as seen on Ebay etc and I think the homepage (205 parts) are poor quality compared to the Siem OE One's, The beam pattern as well is poor and about half as good from what I;ve seen, OK to brighten up a car to sell but that's about it really, The other option which again is better is the Cibie light's as fitted to the 306 (Fog) or the 106 Driving along with Citroen's

dirtdog

I had 'Ring' lights fitted to my old 205 (it came with them so its anyone guess how long they had been fitted for). I drove around for a year with them on that car.

Then when I got my newer 205 I fitted them to that. I used them for a year and a half on this and only had to remove them when I cracked the front bumper is a small accident.

Thats when I noticed the gromit at the back of one of them had popped off and started had started to rust the inside of the light (..the reflective backing part). The other light is still in A1 condition. They weren't OE but they looked good enough in my opinion, ever so slightly bigger and a lot lighter than the OE ones that were fitted :blink:

Last Legend
The Denji one's as seen on Ebay etc and I think the homepage (205 parts) are poor quality compared to the Siem OE One's, The beam pattern as well is poor and about half as good from what I;ve seen, OK to brighten up a car to sell but that's about it really, The other option which again is better is the Cibie light's as fitted to the 306 (Fog) or the 106 Driving along with Citroen's

I had 306 driving lights on my old concours car (didnt really fit well as I didnt want to hack the valance)but no one ever noticed,they lasted Years unlike the original ones which when I was concoursing the car I kept having to replace almoust Annualy,having said that if you've a nice original car I would get the GSF Bosch ones and do some preventative treatment like painting the backs of the reflectors with hammerite and silicone sealing and painting on the inside the grommets/metal trim from new.

If you DO go down the Cibie route,pleeeease dont put the white covers on as it look cr@p!

djinuk

I have the denji ones again in yellow, they look smart on the car, but the screws again rust , and both of mine have condesation in, i think im going to try sealing the bulb holder to stop it doing it.

welshpug

Denji ones are simply naff, they're the wrong shape and you can't get them to point high enough, the best I could get was a bright spot 6 feet in front of the car, they're DRIVING lights FFS! :unsure:

mr_exe

I bought some Magnetti Marelli ones (part No MAL1111) for mine

hexhamstu
I bought a set of the Bosch (GSF) ones. Nicely made, have been on a month and still look like new. Would definately recomend

i got those ones, theyve been on for a couple of years and apart from one being cracked they are fine.

Batfink

A long time ago I bought a set from Autofive. They look near as standard and they were not that expensive. Its one place i'd look at replacing the bolt with a stainless one though as they are a bugger once they rust solid...

Richie

Glad someone asked this actually. I've been wanting some good quality lights but im reluctant to pay £69.95 from autofive. Are they worth the cash, or can you get the siem ones anywhere else cheaper?

pug_ham

In honesty all the places I've found that can sell the oe Siem ones are more expensive than GSF gy the time you've added delivery on top of the cost.

Graham.

Alfie
In honesty all the places I've found that can sell the oe Siem ones are more expensive than GSF by the time you add delivery on top of the cost.

Graham.

So, after reading all these posts, The ones I just bought off our home page, the denji ones, :D they ain't so good huh. Now I've got them, I guess I'll just try and waterproof them as best I can then?. Erm, question, I thought that these would be good value for money as in "approved". I will let you all know.

SeanO'Connor

I have the Denji ones, when you get them, they look nice in the box. That's it though, they don't fit properly and go rusty quickly, I am going to get some OEM ones and chuck the Denji's in the bin! Although I must admit, they do tidy the front end up.

100_1573.jpg

100_1578.jpg

Those are the Denji's. Previous keeper had 2 odd ones on, looked silly.

Sign in to follow this