• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Oil Pressure Gauge

Not sure if it's meant to do this, sorry, but when I floor the throttle the needle goes right down to "zero" as it were. Otherwise it seems to be fine - stays quite high, apart from at high speed/revs when it gets very shaky. Never noticed it doing this before. Is this me just being blind? <_< I know they are more guessometers than proper gauges but as long as it is meant to go right down when flooring the throttle, I'm not bothered.

Cheers

rapidcossie
Not sure if it's meant to do this, sorry, but when I floor the throttle the needle goes right down to "zero" as it were. Otherwise it seems to be fine - stays quite high, apart from at high speed/revs when it gets very shaky. Never noticed it doing this before. Is this me just being blind? :rolleyes: I know they are more guessometers than proper gauges but as long as it is meant to go right down when flooring the throttle, I'm not bothered.

Cheers

mines does the same, either a dodgy sender or a loose connection

MrG

does it come back up again quite quickly? Or does it stay at 0 until you release the pedal?

jackherer

Does the low oil pressure warning light come on when the needle drops?

If not, and assuming the light works, i.e. it comes on when the ignition is on and engine not running, the oil pressure is fine, the light and gauge work from separate senders.

Alfie
Does the low oil pressure warning light come on when the needle drops?

If not, and assuming the light works, i.e. it comes on when the ignition is on and engine not running, the oil pressure is fine, the light and gauge work from separate senders.

I would take a close look at the two connections on the front of the block, you see both sensors. I had a similar problem and welshpug put me onto them. The actual wire inside the insulation on mine was "dirty" After cutting both back in re-fixing them with new spades, everything works fine. perhaps engine movement on yours is interfering with the joints. :rolleyes:

Thanks all, it appears it's ok then. I'll check the connections, wiring etc. Brown multiplug AGAIN maybe.

mr_exe

Our seems to do that, but i've always assumed that they not that accurate, so never worried about it much.

mhyphenl
Our seems to do that, but i've always assumed that they not that accurate, so never worried about it much.

I cleaned mine up and put new connectors on it, now it sits between half up to three quaters with higher revs, starts on about two thirds when cold but settles at about one third when warm. Smooth movement throughout, this seems to be correct. The needle should rise with increasing revs as the pump is pushing more oil round the engine!

rapidcossie

mines is defo soemthing like a dodgy sender as the car has done two trakc days etc even tho the oil pres gauge has a mind of its own :D

Sign in to follow this