• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Replaceing Heater Controls

djinuk

My heater control has broken, and im wondering how exactly do i go about removing it to swap it for a working unit. ?

Baz

It depends what part has broken really!

djinuk

the yellow/white black that you can see once you remove the black nobs and the black fascia

matty_gti
the yellow/white black that you can see once you remove the black nobs and the black fascia

Bit of a pain to remove as it sits behind part of the dash and its connected at the back by 3 wires/cables that operate which way the fan blows.

djinuk

damn, i guessed that would be the answer. ah poo :blink:

1 FAT PUG

not an over hard job to do, i normally just take all screws out and then push it back into the dash and then tilt it down and twist pulling the passenger side out 1st, then unclipping the cables from passanger side, then just reverse order for fitting, should only take about 15 mins to fit new one :D

djinuk

ah wkd spot on, ill get onto it. thank you very much

Para
not an over hard job to do, i normally just take all screws out and then push it back into the dash and then tilt it down and twist pulling the passenger side out 1st, then unclipping the cables from passanger side, then just reverse order for fitting, should only take about 15 mins to fit new one :unsure:

What if there is not enough space to push it back enough ? I was trying to do this today and no joy. :blush:

1 FAT PUG

should be just enough room to push it backa little to twist it out, i done a fiew the same way now

Fox

I've done it and its a right chew on, its easy enough to get out, but fitting the cables and clips back on, and getting it back in is a right pain.

alphacharlie

Need to get a working control panel and swap mine over, hopefully it wont be too bad

AC :)