• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chocolate_o_brian

I Would Like To Change My Headlight Bulbs...

chocolate_o_brian
Proper belly laughed at the beaut :D

Just to add...

Unless you are driving around with your main beam on then and blinding every poor sod infront of you or coming the opposite way, my understanding is that these driving lamps are pretty much obsolete then. :D

- A deliciously 'chocolatey' reply from an even more deliciously 'chocolatey' young fellow :)

hexhamstu

are you saying you never use full beam? theres a quite a few quiet roads round here and at the moment my girlfriends 205 doesnt have full beam to a faulty light stalk (have a new one to fit now) and its bloody annoying!

EdCherry

Owned a few pairs of Philips X-treme Power bulbs now, and they are amazing! Just as Osram Nightbreakers are.

Wouldn't bother with all this xenon bulbs, it is just a gimick.

johny105_y2k

on the leagal side, as long as a bulb is 'H' marked its passed it so called 'test' in its country. E.g H1 =ok in europe tested in bulgaria. <examply cant remembedr the exact number of each country .

aslong as its H marked its legal in europe.

johny

SeanO'Connor

Has anyone tried the 80/100W bulbs?

hengti

^ they blew the fuse in my 205; i could have uprated the fuse but didn't fancy risking the wiring

chocolate_o_brian
^ they blew the fuse in my 205; i could have uprated the fuse but didn't fancy risking the wiring

Well after a few weeks of night driving, I can whole heartedly say these new bulbs from Ebay are a good 50-60% better than the old ones. Nice and white, and the sidelight bulbs make the difference with the headlight bulbs too. Had to put the high beam on last night due to fog and the range was fantastic for a pair of bulbs which cost only £5 (got side light bulbs free of course). You could see the yellow of the driving lamps underneath the cool white light of the high beam, so the difference was visually noticeable and comparable. Will be getting some xenons for the driving lamps next me thinks.

welshpug

high beam in fog?! all that does is light up the fog!

Simes

I've got 100w bulbs in my driving lamps - I've also added an extra relay and upgraded the cable to allow for this.

Very bright. :blink:

jamiej

i tried some Ring "Rally" bulbs rated at 100W, they where amazingly bright and not dazzling to on coming drivers, only problem is that they got the light glass incredibly hot. I had them on my mk2 and had no problems but with plastic light covers or oven plastic lenses, i think the heat would warp them.

Also the MOT wont let them pass.

HTH

Mikey S

i have 100w/80 bulbs in my headlights and 100w in the spotlights and have used them for years without upgrading any wiring, relays etc.

there brilliant imo , night turns to day when main beam is hit, just dont flash me or i wil burn your retinas out! :)

SeanO'Connor
i have 100w/80 bulbs in my headlights and 100w in the spotlights and have used them for years without upgrading any wiring, relays etc.

there brilliant imo , night turns to day when main beam is hit, just dont flash me or i wil burn your retinas out! :lol:

Do you have any trouble with heat?

Mikey S
Do you have any trouble with heat?

nope, not a stitch.

SeanO'Connor
nope, not a stitch.

In that case I will get some then!

weejimmy

where can you get good cheap 80/100w h4 bulbs?

Sign in to follow this