• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

205 Aftermarket Steering Wheels

djinuk

Ive fitted a omp steering wheel which was supplied with a universal boss kit and i have lost my auto cancel on my indicators.. is this normal for most aftermarket ones or should a decent boss kit sort the problem out..

Also do anywhere do snap off boss's ?

Baz

You may need to transfer the cancelling part across from the std steering wheel onto the new boss, held on with a circlip. ;)

dirtdog

I've changed the wheel and it's still got the auto cancel. The normal 205 wheel should have a plastic bit to cancel the blinkers, my newer wheel has a metal one.

I've seen some bloody horrible looking snap off kits, but belive it or not.. I did see a tidy type in "hellfrauds" a while back. Search google for "Rage snap off boss"

Baz
I've seen some bloody horrible looking snap off kits, but belive it or not.. I did see a tidy type in "hellfrauds" a while back. Search google for "Rage snap off boss"

Yep the 'snap-off' ones are dire, but the Rage/D1 etc ones are very good it seems. Just need to find somewhere selling them at reasonable prices again...

Cameron

Demon tweeks sell them at a fairly reasonable price. Got this waiting to go into mine but it wasn't exactly cheap.

IMG_0152.jpg

P-I-M-P. ;)

You'll find weld-on ones are much cheaper than bolt-on.

Edited by Cameron

cybernck

how much is that one then and can you add spacers on it?

engine killer
You may need to transfer the cancelling part across from the std steering wheel onto the new boss, held on with a circlip. :wacko:

In this picture (left one) shows the metal bit for signal cancellation. When comes to fitting the boss, that bit should be on the signal stalker side.

this is one of those quick release adapter with reasonable price comparing to lifeline and spa. http://www.ksport.co.uk/products.asp?f=quick-release

in this one spacer can be added either between steering wheel and quick release adaptor or quick release adaptor and boss. this kind of adaptor will add approximately 50mm to depth.

just found this from fleebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUICK-RELEASE-STEERI...A1%7C240%3A1318

Edited by engine killer

Cameron

Nick - It was pretty expensive I think, roughly £120 from tweeks. :wacko:

I imagine it's safe to add spacers to.

Sign in to follow this