• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Saveit

2,2 225hp And 450nm Diesel 205!

Saveit

Hi there,

Just saw a video on youtube of something called Clubrace which took place here in Denmark. In that video, there are some 205 GTI's and several bmw's with a lot of horses. But suddenly a peugeot 205 comes flying up through the middle of the bunch, with a lot of black smoke coming from the exhaust. I did some research and found out, that it is a 2,2 diesel with about 225hp as i recall, and 450nm. It just kills all the others. Do a search for it yourself, its a video called Clubrace something (i cant find the link for it myself since i at work, and it is not possible to access youtube from here). It is taped from inside a 187 hp bmw 3 series, which also gets crushed by the 205.

My question is; which engine could be the basis for this tuning? And what may he have done to get it to perform like that? I would love such an engine in my 205, just killing all the regular or tuned 205 gtis.

rally_kid
Hi there,

Just saw a video on youtube of something called Clubrace which took place here in Denmark. In that video, there are some 205 GTI's and several bmw's with a lot of horses. But suddenly a peugeot 205 comes flying up through the middle of the bunch, with a lot of black smoke coming from the exhaust. I did some research and found out, that it is a 2,2 diesel with about 225hp as i recall, and 450nm. It just kills all the others. Do a search for it yourself, its a video called Clubrace something (i cant find the link for it myself since i at work, and it is not possible to access youtube from here). It is taped from inside a 187 hp bmw 3 series, which also gets crushed by the 205.

My question is; which engine could be the basis for this tuning? And what may he have done to get it to perform like that? I would love such an engine in my 205, just killing all the regular or tuned 205 gtis.

it will prob be something like a d turbo with a massive turbo on it which is why it came from behind the turbo will be spooling up haha

Saveit

Nonono thats just a regular 205 GTI in that video. It is this one:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sPqJl44jmLM

Look at the 205 just disappearing up through the middle. And later in the video he behind the peugeot (you can recognize it from the black smoke from the exhaust). He is faster through the corners, but the peugeot just pulls away on the straights.

Edited by Saveit

Pob
Nonono thats just a regular 205 GTI in that video. It is this one:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sPqJl44jmLM

Look at the 205 just disappearing up through the middle. And later in the video he behind the peugeot (you can recognize it from the black smoke from the exhaust). He is faster through the corners, but the peugeot just pulls away on the straights.

I wouldn't doubt that its producing that power.... Some of you might seen one at York raceway at the Dub vs Pug showdown. The fastest car of the day was a 205 1.9 TD, did the quarter mile in 14.2 without any nitrous or gas. A very quick car, annoys a lot of the Mi boys. Not sure what it produces, but i'd say over 200 without nitrous or gas.... The new engine promises more

You can get around 130bhp on a T2 turbo and tweaking the fuel pump... But the engine temperature will rise without a front mounted intercooler, 2WD Cosworth cooler works fine with a T2 turbo.

To get big power from a diesel alot more is needed than a big turbo and turning the fuel up

Dan

Edited by Pob

carbers205

Well the DW12TED4 comes 2.2 as standard in the newer 406s, though how that would fit in a 205 Ive no idea.

Starts life with 136bhp

Pob
Well the DW12TED4 comes 2.2 as standard in the newer 406s, though how that would fit in a 205 Ive no idea.

Starts life with 136bhp

I'd stick with mechanical pump, easier and cheaper to increase power

Dan

weejimmy

sure somone on here has a 2.2 hdi 205 and 206

and a 2.0 hdi 205 ,

all the same person, dutch i think.

i had my stdt rollerd the other day 66bhp at th efly ha ha ha diesel poooooower

hexhamstu

no one ever look at the main site?

theres a 2.2 hdi on there with 230bhp, in the drivers car section crazy manifold on it.

Edited by hexhamstu

Jon_Bmw
theres this one

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MAZz5pj1AjA

film is sped up like Herbie but the 205 doesnt seem overly fast

Don't know about diesel 205's but there is some random driving in that. Extremely wierd lines being taken by the camera car, a astra GTE that uses the handbrake to get round corners and various other calamaties in what looks like its supposed to be a race! ;)^_^

Edited by Jon_Bmw

DanteICE
Don't know about diesel 205's but there is some random driving in that. Extremely wierd lines being taken by the camera car, a astra GTE that uses the handbrake to get round corners and various other calamaties in what looks like its supposed to be a race! :wacko::blink:

Yeah i though that, why does that Astra driver pull the hand brake, what did he expect to gain by doing that? He had loads of room!

Also, what did the camera car do to make the car spin madly at that corner? I can't work it out, its puzzling me! Any ideas anyone?

Jon_Bmw

I didn't want to be too offensive(especially considering I quoted the wrong video :wacko: ) but f**k me a small child could go round better than them lot. The start of the race looks like a warm up with no one wanting to go abvove 3500rpm, then the astra GTE handbrake turn on a racetrack, the mind boggles. The camera car has a spin as he completely missed the rear of the car breaking away, after that he takes some 'saftey'(slow) lines into corners.

Totally wierd video.

cybernck

yeah, totally unpleasant to watch.

Saveit

Hehe you are all talking about the wrong video guys :wacko: But i agree, it is very strange racing.

lybker

LOL <_<

The video was taken at the very first race of the season in a brand new series - ½ of the drivers just recieved their licence (some shouldn´t have though LOL)

The astra even manages to flip itself later on:

astra flip

some of the cars are also new, meaning stuff brakes, wrong suspension setup or brake / cooling problems

Like I had in this video - kinda distracting that you need to hit the brake pedal 3 times before it starts working - even failing completly twice - allmost ending up in the sand :-(

MMS clubrace

clubrace_1st lap

Yeh no Schumachers on this track - but we are getting better...

regarding racing a diesel - biggest problem is weight distribution due to the heavy engine, power is ok:

The series is divided by power to weight ratio of: 4,4, 6,4 & 7,4 and cars need to be minimum 15 years old = low budget racing :-)

oh and people are slowly getting better :-)

Sign in to follow this