• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Saveit

Xu10 Top On Xu9 - Compression?

Saveit

Hi there,

I have some 205's that i use for racing. I was looking for around 150 hp, so someone told me that putting a XU10 top from a 306 2.0 XSI 8v would be the best and easiest solution. So I went with that solution.

The last question that i have with regards to this matter, is how much (if any) to take off the XU10 top for the compression to be right. Since it is a car used for racing, i was told, that the compression could be as high as 12:1, with 99 oct fuel. I was told that about 1 mm would be enough - is that right?

Thank you!

Saveit

The modifications is of course on some standard 205 1.9 gtis.

Baz

i forget the desired amount to skim for correct comp ratio, do a search though as it's a widely covered topic. :blush:

Saveit

Believe me, i have searched numerous times :blush: I cant seem to find a straight answer. There are a lot of different calculations in many posts, but no real conclusion. Someone must know how much to skim the head. I am looking at about 12:1 in comp ratio, since it is a racing car.

Henrik P
Believe me, i have searched numerous times :blush: I cant seem to find a straight answer. There are a lot of different calculations in many posts, but no real conclusion. Someone must know how much to skim the head. I am looking at about 12:1 in comp ratio, since it is a racing car.

I think the best way is to messeure how many cc there are in pistons and head and then calculate how much there has to be skimed off. Cause you don't now if the new head has been skimed because off a blowen head gasket.

Saveit

Still looking for an answer :D Someone must know how much others have skimmed off the head.

Saveit

Since i am looking for a relatively high cr, would 1.5-2.0 mm skimmed off the head be too much, if the head have never been skimmed before?

jimistdt

There is a guy called 'Jakob' on this forum, also from Denmark maybe if you send him a PM he could help you

Sign in to follow this