• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Bolts (set Screws)

GLPoomobile

I need to order a couple of bags of M8 bolts (10 in each bag) from Screwfix (local DIY shop doesn't have the size I need), but it means paying £5 postage just for items worth £3 something. So I'd rather buy some more bags of bolts in other sizes, since they aren't expensive and it would be nice to have a collection of new bolts to fall back on rather than recylcing manky old rusty ones. Still have to pay the same postage, but at least I'll feel I'm getting my money's worth! :lol:

So what sizes are most common around the engine bay, interior and running gear etc?

Also, there's A2 Stainless and much cheaper BZP. Is BZP Zinc Pasivated? (Bronze Zinc Pasivated perhaps? :blush:).

maturin23

Steve,

I'll split the postage with you on an order - been meaning to do something like this.

Choose what you reckon we need and I'll sort you out at the Curry jobber.

ALEX

M7 Hex Head (11mm spanner) is a common size on the 205.

i.e. sump bolts, timing belt tensioner, distributor fixings nuts

It's not a common British standard size though so you might find it hard to get them.

edit. If you can't get M7 get plenty of M6 screws (10mm spanner) in stainless with nuts and repair washers.

They come in handy for stuff like the slam panel, bonnet catch, power steering filler bracket and bonnet hinges.

Edited by ALEX

Tom Fenton

BZP is bright zinc plated.

As said M7 is a bastard size and if you can find it expensive, good old Peugeot also decided on M11 for head studs and I'm sure there is some M9 somewhere too.......

Check out a company called "Namrick", I've mail ordered fasteners from there a few times and they are good both quality and service.

Ryan

I bought a mixed bag of M6/M8/M10 from Namrick a while ago. That's covered most the the things I've needed.

mr_exe

Most things seems to fastened with torx t20's or 10mm bolts as i've ever noticed

MerlinGTI
Most things seems to fastened with torx t20's or 10mm bolts as i've ever noticed

I havent found one single T20 on my car, inside or out!

Rupertfinch

Sounding like a proper money saving pikey here, but be sure and register with topcashback.co.uk before buying from screwfix. That way if you click onto the screwfix site via topcashback you'll get about 6-7% cashback on your purchase. I ordered a couple of hundred quid of bits and bobs over the summer and got a few extra quid for my trouble. Didn't take very long to come through either.

Mark - far too long on that Martin Lewis site - don't even get me started on my RAC for £11 fun.

nick

Try this place Stagonset

They do stainless bolts individually, and the minimum postage is just £1.50 with no minimum order. I bought 2 caphead M4 screws for my bikes mastercylinder and they arrived next day and cost about £1.95.

Nick

Sign in to follow this