• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
malyso

Mi16 Carb Conv* Dizzy Adapter

malyso

Has anyone who's done this conversion and used the alloy spacer block for the dizzy found that the bolt holes for the dizzy body are not in the right place when the car is running sweet. I'm wondering if i need to alter the cam timing(either vernier pulleys or move round one tooth) to get the body in the right place to bolt it up?

This one is mine..

9713_1.jpg

This one i found on ebay with different bolt hole positions?

dizzyadaptor3.jpg

Edited by malyso

Edp

Not being rude but why not rip all the old 8v tosh out and put the 16v wiring in? use the proper management with the 16v engine :huh:

welshpug
Not being rude but why not rip all the old 8v tosh out and put the 16v wiring in? use the proper management with the 16v engine :huh:

Ditto!! they run so much nicer on it.

and if its on carbs, yuk! fit Omex :P

matty_gti
Not being rude but why not rip all the old 8v tosh out and put the 16v wiring in? use the proper management with the 16v engine ;)

Nothin wrong with 8v's :)

Miles

All the Dizzy adaptor's are different and I've yet to find one which has the holes in the correct position, I just position the Dizzy pretty much as std (on a 8v) and re-drill and tap some normal size holes, Not M7

malyso

Thanks will be re-drilling and tapping.

malyso
Ditto!! they run so much nicer on it.

and if its on carbs, yuk! fit Omex :)

I was hoping it would pull much better at the bottom end on carbs, it was already wired up with proper MI16 loom and management...

hexhamstu

so whats the craic with running a mi16 on carbs, on mi16 management???

Sign in to follow this