• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Chaff

Are Green Stuff Pads Enough?

Chaff

I have a 1.6 gti are just putting green stuff pads on the stock discs good enough.

Regards Matt

Baz

No because they're generally found to be crap.

A search would've found you recommendations for Ferodo/Mintex/Pagids.

Chaff

Before my 205 i had a saab. I brought green stuff pads for it and they made a world of difference. Is there a reason they don't work that well on 205's? Or is just that you have found other brands to be better.

MerlinGTI

they are jank mate as baz said.

Ferrodo's are your best bet :lol: bit pricey though

Baz

Rubbish from cold and then aren't even good when heated, and people have found they wear badly, fall apart, catch fire etc...

Ferodo's aren't overly expensive compared to most, premier's are certainly cheaper than Green Stuff at about £25-30 for 1.9 pads, or a hell of alot less from halfords with a trade card. :lol:

welshpug

oddly the set I fitted to a car recently were perfectly fine, but I was comparing them to standard pads, and I havent had the need to experience uprated pads.

catching fire is no bad thing Baz, sometimes part of the bedding in process :lol:

Baz

lol, not when they melt and disappear, leaving you with hardly a pedal though is it... :lol:

welshpug

no there is that :lol: if they catch fire and DONT melt they would be fine, general consensus is that they haven't got the compound right for a 205 :)

and that's basically where they've gone wrong, its a single compound used for every single application, if its green, tis the same :)

Chaff

If i get Ferrodo's will they be ok on the stock discs?

Baz

I read/heard that some are ok, it's just most seem to be rubbish, a little odd...

Jrod

Don't like greens, like red.

1144's are pretty good aswell.

Chaff

So ferrodo pads stock discs and see how they go.

boombang

A mate of mine has greenstuff and they seem to be fine, I had a set and they faded terribly then fell apart.

I've moved over to Mintex, and apart from a bit of squealing they are great.

McDude

This is well worth a search because there is so much info on the forum about brake set-ups.

Mintex 1144s and stock discs here. Very good, that plus some braided hoses and racing DOT 4 and you've got all the stopping you need.

I'm using this for road and track - if I was mostly track I'd go for the 1155s.

Chaff

Cool i will have to find some prices and pick a brand. Thanks for the info everyone

Sign in to follow this