• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
craig f90

Recon Turbo Builders. Any Recomendations?

craig f90

Hi folks,

My new second hand turbo has came to the end of its life :lol: Its been on a while now, 8 months or so. Really threw a smoke screen out and oil over the engine through the dump valve.

Im hoping that somebody here could advise me on a good quality turbo rebuilder.

Would Stepped seals be a good idea as it some times smoked on idle, but would clear its self. But sadly not any more ;)

Went for a drive and it was puffing smoke then it turned into a smoke screen. i pulled over and oil had flew out of the dump valve and air filter, i am right in thinking turbo?

Thankyou for any advice,

:ph34r: Craig.

welshpug

pop the Boost hose off the turbo and check for oil there.

Turbo Technics? http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/index.htm

they list a standard and a Hybrid :ph34r:

406 SRI - 150 HP 1996-00 2.0L P XU10J2CTE/RGX TB25 G 454162-0001 9624296380 W TFK116

406 SRI - 150 HP hybrid 1996-00 2.0L P XU10J2CTE/RGX TB25 G R138 9624296380 W

Edited by welshpug

Miles

Turbo Dynamics Ltd in Christchurch Dorset

tom_m
Turbo Dynamics Ltd in Christchurch Dorset

+1 never had anything but excellent service from these guys.

sounds of silence

iv got a brand new only rebuilt 1 month ago aet upgarded turbo for this engine for sale on the site mate if interested.

craig f90

Cheers for all of that guys.

i'll contact those companys straight away. upratded sounds a good choice.

Sounds of silence i'll take a look at that,cheers. Did i by my last one from you?? :D

With yours being an uprated to T3 will i have to change the managment and other bits and bobs?

Edited by craig f90

craig f90
http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/index.asp

Used to work here doing turbos and mapping, the guys are spot on probably one of the best in europe

Cheers for that jonnie. Im getting trough the list ive got contacting companys slowly. Cheers for the recommendations

QEP have quoted £475+vat and postage so far to do a recon to my current unit.

All Praise The GTI

JESUS man, for that sort a money id peronally buy a tt manifold and a big hybrid jap turbo lol

think it was me sold you that turbo mate, cant believe youve killed it already lol. it had barely ny play atall as i remember. what boost were you running it at?

Edited by All Praise The GTI

sounds of silence

dont think youve bought anything from me mate .

no mine will run on a std engine , get more power for less boost basically but then you have scope for other upgrades as well if you wish , but as the turbo is so well spec'd should last no problem on the engine where as the t25 on the engine is ok on low boost but not so good on higher boost

craig f90
dont think youve bought anything from me mate .

no mine will run on a std engine , get more power for less boost basically but then you have scope for other upgrades as well if you wish , but as the turbo is so well spec'd should last no problem on the engine where as the t25 on the engine is ok on low boost but not so good on higher boost

No, sorry i was trying to remember who i had it from. i hope i havent offended you in any way? Not that it matters who it came from, kept me happy for a good few months.

Any way, i am keen on yours. How much would you be happy to take for it? im in the dark about prices at the moment. :lol:

S13Nick

ive got a goood second hand one u can have for not alot

sounds of silence

na mate all good ,

i have it for sale with the uprated cam would you consider taken the two of them both are less than a month old

Edited by sounds of silence

craig f90

Well ive e-mailed every one recommended plus a few others and not recived a single reply :(

Thank you very much S13Nick, but i think its time for a recon one.

Im currently on my second dead one :P

Sounds of Silence it all depends on the price to be honest. :) If i could afford the both i'd take them. But really want a mint turbo :huh: More than anything in the world!! A cam would be nice as the standard power is a little bit Poo. But got other bills and the usual rubbish, but no car.

Please feel free to PM or E-mail me if you dont wish to post the price.

Many thanks,

Craig. ;)

craig f90
ive got a goood second hand one u can have for not alot

Might be PM ing you about that engine if the miss fire aint oily plugs. :huh::P

tom_m
Well ive e-mailed every one recommended plus a few others and not recived a single reply :P

pick up the phone, most people i know are too busy to reply to emails, i know i am! :huh:

306-turbo-tom

this may help, this is wot i got for mine,havent had any problem with it, he also put a 360 race trust bearing in and step seals, sent me pics to prove and also sent me the 1s that came out off the turbo, think i paid £150 delivered for it, all i did was change everything over, which went striaght on, the onlt difference was the bolt/banjo that goes into the oil feed, but manged to get 1 to fit which cost me a £5, also came balanced.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GARRETT-TURBO-T25-CE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Miles

I was going to say that too, You can;t beat a phone call which I must admit is a dying art thing these day's, I try not even to Text people as it's all too easy

craig f90
pick up the phone, most people i know are too busy to reply to emails, i know i am! :)

I will once i get the chance. ;) Bloomin work is such an inconvenice.

Sign in to follow this