• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
adamc

Stalling Issues - Not All Of The Time Thou!

adamc

I have just bought another 205 and its having some stalling issues, not all of the time thou. Example - i started it the other morning, no problems, and left the car to run to heat up. it was running lovely for about 5 mins and then decided to stall! was a pain to restart again!

it will also randomly stall when braking for lights or if i have to stop somewhere, as i say it doesn't happen all the time but it is often enough not to put it down to an old engine!

What could it be, AFM, SAD valve, throttle position sensor?

On other occasions the throttle will stick, not sure if this is related or not. (not too much of an issue atm thou)

Any ideas on what it could be would be great! B)

Anthony

Usual candidates for poor idle really if you do a search, but general setup is more than often the cause. Set the idle mixture for about 1% CO and the idle speed for ~900rpm hot with all the electrics on (lights, fans, heated screen etc) and you'll probably find it much better.

adamc

hmm will give that ago, 90% of the time the idle is good thou, which i why i thought it would be something else. The way it stalls is as if it has just been turned off rather than a low idle!

Edited by adamc

Sign in to follow this