• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matty_gti

Working Out Cr

matty_gti

Hi all, I know its another CR topic but am finding it a lil bit difficult.... :P

I’m going to be using 1.9 pistons that have been machined to the TT spec which i think have been machined 2mm....someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I’ve measured the cc in my head at the moment and is 33.8cc. It’ll be the standard 83mm bore x 88 stroke however the bit I’m getting stuck on is the head gasket thickness or 'squish', the dish size in the 1.9 TT pistons and there deck height in relation to the tops of the liners to work out the compression ratio. Ive been using this http://www.csgnetwork.com/compcalc.html but cant really get an answer without those figures.

If anyone knows or can help me work it out it’ll be most appreciated.

Matt :D

welshpug

depends how thick your gasket is, but its straightforward(ish) volume calculations, i.e Bore = 83mm, gasket thickness = say 1.7mm.

using the information here http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/CAPACITY.htm

Bore area is therefore 8.3 x 8.3 x 3.14159 / 4 = 54.11 square cm.

Volume of 1 cylinder is bore area times stroke = 54.11 x 8.8 = 476.168cc

gasket CC would be 54.11 sq CM x 0.17 cm = 9.1987 cc.

to calculate the disc size and clearance volume you need to fit the pistons and see how much clearance to the deck there is, as well as measure the CC of the piston dish.

matty_gti
to calculate the disc size and clearance volume you need to fit the pistons and see how much clearance to the deck there is, as well as measure the CC of the piston dish.

Yeah thats how far i got but cant get an accurate result without the above figures, just hope someone knows them.... :P

And the head gasket thickness would be the crushed size, so IIRC say there 1.3cm unfitted, how much do they squish by when fitted?.

Matt

Edited by matty_gti

welshpug

1.3mm not cm :P I always thought that the stated figure is the compressed one, not that they compress much.

matty_gti
:P Its getting on a bit and im tierd,lol. Just hoping someone knows how much the TT pistons are machined by.....Ive done a fair few searches.

28CRAIG

The figures i used to work mine out are.

Piston Deck Clearance = 0.3556

Piston Dome Volume In CCs = -15mm std 1.9, not sure of TT spec

Then alter the head gasket thickness to see how much skimming the pistons will effect the c/r but 2mm off seems a bit low on the c/r what management are you going to be using.

Sign in to follow this