• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alfie

'ere, Its Cold In 'ere Innit!

Alfie
:P My heater only sighs luke warm air! Fans working but not very well. I am going to check "intake" but is there anything else to look for. My temp'gauge reads about a third warm. Any ideas please?

Baz

Is the fan heater actually working well? If it is, then i'd say the coolant system, particularly the heater matrix needs a flush.

Alfie
Is the fan heater actually working well? If it is, then i'd say the coolant system, particularly the heater matrix needs a flush.

Thanks Baz, You might be right, Give it a back flush this weekend :P

GLPoomobile

Even in this weather, only a third on the gauge is too cold surely?

Wonder if the thermostat is stuck open so it's circulating through the Rad constantly.

Simsy
Even in this weather, only a third on the gauge is too cold surely?

Wonder if the thermostat is stuck open so it's circulating through the Rad constantly.

Stolen pic from Mr Welshpug...

PICT0089-1.jpg

Mine gets to between 80 and 90 there and rises to just over when in traffic. I'd expect that to be the same for you.

damien

mine sits at 70 but when driving hard/sat in traffic she gets to 90

Baz

Pretty much the same as mine now, although when i'd just replaced the rad, thermoswitch & stat with 82d ones and flushed the system etc, it sat around 70, never over. Not sure why it has come up again, although not that you can fully trust the gauges anyway.

richsmells

Mine sits at 80-90 any time B)

VisaGTi16v

luke warm air...poor you! I had to bypass my heater due to the bulkhead pipes exploding the other day, frigging freezing in it and trying to demist the screen with even more cold air is just a joke, argh! B)

GLPoomobile
luke warm air...poor you! I had to bypass my heater due to the bulkhead pipes exploding the other day, frigging freezing in it and trying to demist the screen with even more cold air is just a joke, argh! :P

Tell me about it!

Going back 3 years IIRC, the matrix went on my 1.9 8v and I had to link the pipes in the engine bay to bypass it until I could replace it. At that time I was commuting from Islington to Hatfield in it Mon-Fri, and it was a similar time of year as now, with temperatures pretty much the same as we've just ad in the last few days. I drove around in it with no heater for about 2 weeks IIRC, and the only way to keep the windscreen clear was to have the windows down B) I was driving around dressed like an arctic explorer ;) .

I have to say though, sitting in traffic freezing your arse off, well it certainly keeps you alert! :P

VisaGTi16v

Oh theres more to my rant if you want it and to go slightly off topic, this is in my ZX btw. Clutch cable is shot so cant adjust, bite point is on the floor so can only get 3/4/5 and reverse if engine off then last night I had to get back into it after getting drenched mountain biking in a pitch black forest, no heater, no way to demist, previously mentioned clutch issues, right headlight bulb failed, left one has no reflector so had to tailgate other cars in order to see..... ARGH lol

jackherer
luke warm air...poor you! I had to bypass my heater due to the bulkhead pipes exploding the other day, frigging freezing in it and trying to demist the screen with even more cold air is just a joke, argh! :)

I was at Woodbridge in my mates 205 recently when the heater bypass pipe in the cabin disconnected suddenly! Luckily we were near the pitlane so we came straight off with nothing worse than warm damp feet. One of the marshalls came over while I was refitting it, they were apparently a bit worried when they saw the windscreen suddenly go totally opaque :wacko:

Its bypassed in the engine bay now...

Sign in to follow this