• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tim_gti

Bogg Bros R1 Setup

tim_gti

Firstly this being my first post, hello to everyone.

Just brought dans bogg bros R1 setup, comes with the manifold, R1 carbs, anda R1 fuel pump. I've been searching though all the old posts on this subject but i'm still not 100% on what else i need.

I think i need to get a linkage but not sure which one, a dizzy adaptor, and a choke cable from a base model.

Also not sure about the fitment, is there a fitment guide anywhere?

Any help more than welcome, will be fittting them to a 1.9 GTi with PAS.

Cheers All

mattbenselin

Hi mate going through this to at the moment, from what I can gather you need these bits:

Manifold

Carbs

Fuel pump - You have the R1 pump so all you need to do is connect the inlet to the pump with the fuel feed hose, then block off the return hose. Remove the standard fuel filter you don't need that, use an inline filter instead. At the pump end do this.

Dizzy - You don't need to touch your dizzy just remove the entire injection wiring loom leaving the dizzy, coil, amplifier etc, see main website for article.

Alternator bracket - You won't fit the carbs in with power steering pump, you need to get hold of a non PAS engine block alternator bracket which sits the alternator where the PAS pump is now. You will then need to get an electric PAS pump from a 106/Saxo. Again main website for article.

Linkage - bike carbs have about 25mm of travel so unless you want that much travel in your pedal, you need a linkage. I am making my own, using 2 cams mounted on top of the camsaft cover. One small for the carb wire, one large for the pedal wire, this means 25mm movement in the carbs equates to 100mm in the pedal or whatever you design it to be.

Choke cable - Depends on carbs whether you need choke cable, but yeah base model will do fine

Coolant - some bodies/carbs need a coolant feed return so check that also. You can get hoses for the oil to water heat exchanger which would do the job.

Think thats about it mate, if I've forgotten anything can someone please correct me.

Speak to Bogg Brothers they know there stuff!

tim_gti

Cheers, Will gather up the remaining bits i need then have a go at doing this.

With any luck won't run into any problems,

Cheers

pip470

Hello mate just my experiance with them, Its definatly not as well thought out and executed butit works. I have used the standard 1.9 throttle cable and although it is very short pedal movement to get max throttle, it is suprising quick to get used to though and can be driven quite civilised too. Also I dont run a choke cable however I don't run the car in winter. It starts fine in the summer with regular use. If its left for two weeks it doesnt like to start though and needs plenty of cranking and little throttle movements. A choke would be bennificial though imo. Also I run no coolant through the carbs, in cold weather you may get carb freezing but can't comment on this as i don't run them through winter. The last thing I will add is a rolling road setup. You must get them set up correctly. Phill

danpug

I'm pretty sure the setup has a modified linkage on it tim.

tim_gti

Can anyone recommend some jet sizes to start with. Will be running on a pretty much standard 1.9 setup.

And anyone know what the two hoses coming out the top are? There is a third hose with a screw adjuster that my mate seems to think is for adjusting the idle.

Cheers All

mattbenselin

Most probably the float bowl vent lines, can be left to vent to the atmosphere. They do need to be able to vent though, not blocked or the bowls will flood. The other screw adjuster is in deed for fine tuning of closed throttle positions for setting idle.

Edited by mattbenselin

Sign in to follow this