• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

What Do You Guys Think Of This Beam Tube

yorkshirekowboy

hi, im just about to install my bearings and i started cleaning the bit where the front bearing sits, did it with a wire brush on my drill, cleaned it but put some some slight marks from the bristals, ive wet and dryed it, so there is grooves facing inwards none sticking outwards. see picture below...

th_SNC00049.jpg

also noticed inside the tube, an area where rust has started, as seen in the pictures below, has anybody come across this, and still used the beam tube? was thinking it wont affect the shaft itself will it? should i grease it? this looks to be the bit where the most weight is, as its the base of the tube. pictures below. just need advice

th_SNC00050.jpg

th_SNC00051-1.jpg

Edited by pugtorque
image filesizes, yet again. Changed to thumbnails, click for fullsize images.

jonnie205

loos fine mate, if the bearings came out with the outer shell intact then the arms wasnt eating into tube and all will be fine, dont worry about the corrosion inside the tube as shaft wont touch it

yorkshirekowboy
loos fine mate, if the bearings came out with the outer shell intact then the arms wasnt eating into tube and all will be fine, dont worry about the corrosion inside the tube as shaft wont touch it

thanks mate, well they did come out but that side with the rust is is where the shaft was stuck, but managed to get it out, no damage to the tube its apart from the pust, and it hasnt ovaled, so seems to be good news.

marksorrento205

It looks a dam sight better than mine :)

Sign in to follow this