• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

Valve Clearances On Xud9te Engine?

B1ack_Mi16

Anyone got the valve clearances on the 1.9 TD engine from 405?

I've had the head refurbed and don't have a clue about the clearances, though thinking they might be the same as for 1.9 8v petrol engine?

welshpug

when cold, Inlet 0.15 and Exhaust 0.30, +/- 0.05mm.

pug_ham

Kristian, this attachment is handy for when doing the valve clearances calculations.

I also find it best to set them nearer to the maximum gap so they have longer to close up which they eventually do.

Graham.

B1ack_Mi16

Ah, thanks for your replies guys, I almost forgot I asked this question here ;)

I just used the haynes values for the 8v petrol engine in the end, so 0.20 and 0.40 -+ 0.05mm is what I used.

Good point about setting it to the largest gap, I actually aimed for the smallest one to try to eliminate as much valvetrain noise as possible, but your point is very valid indeed when seats and valves wear down :)

Don't think this engine will last very long though, as I'm planning to put a 2.1 TD in there and get it up to approx 180bhp :)

welshpug

Very handy Attachment Graham, just fitting my Pugsport camshaft and have come to checking and adjusting the clearances.

Sign in to follow this