• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rom

Trim Specs For Ac / Non Uk Cars

Rom

Hi guys

Ive been looking, but cant find an answer.

Im talking about the trim that goes around Hazard / Fog / Demister switches. Im sure ive seen ones with 4 holes in, for AC i think ? Or maybe a Non UK car with an extra switch for something.

Basically i need an extra switch, and would rather have a trim with 4 than trying to mount a switch elsewhere.

A Part number would be awesome. But just knowing what had them would be good.

Rom

Awesome !

Im still learning the basics of service box :lol: .

So it seems there was 3 or 5 button versions. Im guessing dark anthracite would be the grey of a phase 1.5 gti trim.

Any idea what the extra 2 buttons were ?

Thx for the help

Phil H

Aircon and ejector seat :ph34r: .

Well we are in James Bond mode at the minute !

engine killer
Awesome !

Im still learning the basics of service box :ph34r: .

So it seems there was 3 or 5 button versions. Im guessing dark anthracite would be the grey of a phase 1.5 gti trim.

Thx for the help

one is surely for air con, and the other is a dummy switch (blank). you can change and rewire the front driving lamp to fog lamp and get a green switch (fog lamp) from a dealer.

Super Josh
Aircon and ejector seat :ph34r: .

Well we are in James Bond mode at the minute !

That's very close actually. Some cars had Aircon and Heated Seats

mattbenselin

Currently I have my driving lamps wired up to the fog light switch on the dash, with the rear fog light now wired into a hidden switch under the dash. This works well but I have been told by the police, who swore blind there was no such thing as driving lamps, only fog lamps, even when i showed him that the lenses had reflectors on, that I needed a 'proper' switch for the fog light! Ha! anyway rant over, these 5 button panels are the solution and originally had the heated seats and air con buttons on them, can you get these buttons? from servicebox, part numbers? Thanks.

I think I will wire in my driving lamps, fog lamps, hazard, demister and then something else, i like the sound of ejector seat or what about a police siren for the rush hour traffic!

Edited by mattbenselin

Rom

A fog light switch needs to have a warning light to show when they are on. That is all. And its only the rear which is part of the MOT.

Ive spoken to my local Peugeot guy. The 5 hole panel is available in black, not grey, but is backordered.

The switches are available. I ordered a new rear fog as mine is fooked, and a front fog. He said theres AC, something about a fan / heater pump, heated seats.

Im going to look at the pics of the heater one. As i may use it to wire as a fan switch.

Failing that im going to get anohter demister switch, to wire up to a heated front screen...when i finally get one :)

Edit Damn...i ate my dinner before i hit post :D

Edited by Rom

Henry Yorke
Currently I have my driving lamps wired up to the fog light switch on the dash, with the rear fog light now wired into a hidden switch under the dash. This works well but I have been told by the police, who swore blind there was no such thing as driving lamps, only fog lamps, even when i showed him that the lenses had reflectors on, that I needed a 'proper' switch for the fog light!

I have had the police pull me at night and tell me my front "fogs" were illegal for the same reason and had to show him how they works. He went quiet when I said it was a very interesting point and as chairman of the Peugeot Sport Offical Owners Club, I could mention this UK infrigement to my contacts at Peugeot as this design oversite was apparent on the 5 205's I have owned over the years and many more I know of. He then went all over my CTI looking for something to do me on!

Anyway, I guess you have spotted, you can't get anything but a hurricane grey (black Phase 2) 5 hole switch surround. 405 front foglight switch works perfectly in the dash

Rom

Yeah. Ive put a wanted ad up. But im not holding my breath :D

Ill give it a week or so, then ill just get a black one and see if our smart repair guy cant do something about the colour !

The whole 'driving lights' thing has always puzzled me. When i tell people about them they look at me like im stupid, or the car must have been bodged to be like that :P

Paintguy

I made my own with 4 holes :D

Trim_18.jpg

Trim_20.jpg

Pictures are from before it was colour matched, and I still haven't got round to getting a green switch for the front fog lights :P That almost cost me a fail on my MOT, as the tester was convinced that the rear fog lamp wasn't working, until I pointed out that he was pressing the wrong switch! :D

Phil H
Yeah. Ive put a wanted ad up. But im not holding my breath B)

Ill give it a week or so, then ill just get a black one and see if our smart repair guy cant do something about the colour !

Get a black one and then put a wanted add up for a black dash !

mattbenselin

So you can't get the dark anthracite (phase 1.5 dark grey i presume) 5 switch panel then? That's s*it huh!

Rom

Ha, cba to change the dash !

Paintguy. I did think about cutting a hole. But the original holes are kinda recessed, and if i cut one it would look funny. Clearly its possible. As yours looks good.

Im just not that great with that kinda stuff.

How did you go about it ?

Ill have a spare fog light switch thats knackered, so ill most likely use it as a dummy / blank until i decide what to have.

Paintguy
How did you go about it ?

I had two of the panels, cut one of the recessed holes out of one, and plastic welded into the other. A picture might make it a bit clearer:

Trim_21Small.jpg

Then I just tidied it up with a bit of plastic filler and textured paint.

Rom

Ahh.. That makes perfect sense.

I wouldnt even attempt that :wacko:

Looks nice though mate. Im good with the mechanical stuff (being one) but not so good at that kind of stuff

Sign in to follow this