• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damien

Poor Radio Reception

damien

morning

ive always had a poor radio reception but its now starting to get on my nerves, ive checked the arial lead and it seems fine with no damage or kinks, the arial/base is in good condtion.

is there anything else i could do/check to help improve it?

thanks

dan_cole69

i think you have probably tryed everything. I had the same problem so i re wired the whole lot back in with new stuff and it works perfect. i recommend that. cheers

dan cole

WooDooUK

If you have a spare few pennies you could replace the radio with a DAB Radio should be much better (depending on the signal in your area) This will also involve replacing the Ariel with a DAB jobbie,

If you are going to re-wire the ariel anyway you may aswell replace it with a DAB one.

Avoid the internal winscreen mount ariels as they are a bit poop TBH.

damien

ive very fond of DAB as we have it at work and have planet rock on alot. had a look on the DAB webbie and i have poor coverage for where i live and DAB headunits seem to cost loads

Paintguy

Have you tried the thing that seems to cause most of the 205's problems - the earth?

The aerial lead is a coax cable, and the outer conductor should be getting a good clean earth to the bodywork where it clamps to the roof.

nimmo

fire a cd in that alway's works for me lol.

damien
Have you tried the thing that seems to cause most of the 205's problems - the earth?

The aerial lead is a coax cable, and the outer conductor should be getting a good clean earth to the bodywork where it clamps to the roof.

now theres a idea, i'll have a look :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this