• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
306-turbo-tom

Only Firing On 2 Cylinders, Turbo Engine

306-turbo-tom

my car is playing up, cant seem to find wots wrong with it, its only firing on cylinder 1 and 4, it will still idel but when you rev it up it misses ans splutters, i took the ht leads off cylinder 2 and 3 and it exacty the same as if they were connect, so i changed the plugs and leads on them cylinders and its still the same, i put a old spark plug on them and they spark but when u rev up fast it wont spark, but if you rev the car up slowly they will, so is my coilpack broke or tdc or something, someone help???

Anthony

Replace the coilpack - basically the coilpack is made up of two coils, one for cylinders 1 and 4, and one for cylinders 2 and 3. Sounds like one of those coils has broken down and isn't firing properly

306-turbo-tom

are the coil packs the same as a 306 xsi, as there are plenty off them at my local scrap yard, or does it have to be from a turbo engine, thanks

Anthony
are the coil packs the same as a 306 xsi, as there are plenty off them at my local scrap yard, or does it have to be from a turbo engine, thanks

They're common to various 90's Peugeots and Citroens - including 306 XSi 8v's :)

306-turbo-tom

thanks mate, will get 1 tomorrow if i can and see if this sorts my problem out

306-turbo-tom

got a coil pack and it was still the same, so then i changed the flywheel sensor, this also was still the same, so then i decide to take the ingnistion amprafier out to check it and when i took the plug out it was full off water, so cleaned it out with some electrical spray, plug it back in and is now running spot on, should off checked the simple things first, but atleast its running now, :lol:

Sign in to follow this