• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RAF_gti

Car Won't Fire Up After Electrical Fiddling!

RAF_gti

Damn it!

I finally got my windows working, it was a combination of a u/s switch and a u/s aftermarket window control box but the car continues to torment me for now it refuses to fire up!

The 'good' security on the cart appears to be a Laserline CatB immobiliser, I'm fairly certain this is still working as the engine will turn over.

Also fitted is a Microscan Alarm complete with central locking and window control modules, I had previously dis-connected the alarm siren in the engine bay and the car started fine.

I've a feeling as I was tracing back wires I've somehow managed to damage/pull out a wire which was to do with the alarm.

Any suggestions on where to start with this? Or even suggestions completely un-related to the alarm as it may just be an un-happy coincidence that this has happened now,

And I've my MoT tomorrow!

Steve

Anthony

Find out what's not working and stopping the car from starting, and work back from there.

Starter

Spark

Injection

Fuel pump

Normally, most alarms and immobilisers disable the starter and fuel pump circuits.

RAF_gti

Do you have any idea where the 'tap in' point would be?

All the wires that I can see elating to the alarm are in one loom going from under the steering wheel to above the fuse box, there is one loose wire but I'm buggered if I can where it came from.

thanks

Anthony
Do you have any idea where the 'tap in' point would be?

Depends on the installer and which circuit they're tapping into, but as a general rule, the easiest possible place in my experience of removing or fixing botched alarm installs from so called "professionals" :)

RAF_gti

I'm officially an idiot.

Turns out that the fuse I had robbed from the unmarked holder was actually for the fuel pump cct, quick trip to the garage and £1 for a new 15A fuse and hey presto, she starts!

For anybody who may come across this in a search, fuse 14 at the far right side is for the fuel pump :)

Anthony

Pillock! Still, atleast it was an easy fix :)

Sign in to follow this