• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kb_205

My Rear Beam Trouble

kb_205

hi

i have recently recently read a post about negative camber on a rear beam! i took my car for an mot over a yr ago and the problem was spotted

however the guy gave me an advisory! after reading some comments on here its only just kicked in how serious this problem can be :D i am new to this so wouldnt want to try it myself!

my rear mounts ect are in tact but the o/s wheel is at a slight angle and with the standard wheels (1.6) the tyres do rub the side wall car is lowered 40mm also,

i have recently fitted the FONDMETAL wheels (from the ginetta G33) stretched tyres and there is no rubbing but due to winter coming i have ordered some Toyo T1R's in 195/50/15 size and i think it may rub again!

its about time i got it sorted, so i am after a reconditioned 1.6 beam lowered 1 knotch as (drums preffered) or 309 with 23mm TB and 25mm ARB! and if anyone is located near(ish) J10 M4 to help me out with parts suppliers and prices please let me kno

as i am not sure what parts can still be used, the beam is not seized!! but is making the car handle very oddly and my gf becomes a lil sick through the backroads :)

best regards

keiran

jonnie205

i can do all this for you no prob, i have 205 and 309 beam tubes on the shelf as well as all the service parts needed to build them, also the workshop kit like a press etc, drop me a pm with what spec you want and i will quote you, i have ramps and stuff to so can fit the beam no prob either

Baz

Anthony's just up the road from you and can refurbish/supply/build you what you require. :D

Might be worth a PM. :)

kb_205

hi,

thanks for youre fast response guys! :D

i have just fitted gaz GHA coilovers, Grp N top mount rubbers, Grp N Engine mounts, Ashley 3'' Grp N exhaust, Grp N gear linkages, Goodridge hoses, Pug performance ECU stripping it out ect hopefully itll be ready fot its first trackday sometime soon!

what in your opinion is the best rear beam set up with my current front end configuration???

this car is a 1.6 mainly fast road but occasional trackdays are going to be happening in the near future! :)

thanks

Baz

Depends on what springs etc you're running.

maturin23

Word of warning - don't go zooming round the lanes with or without your girlfriend until you've sorted this problem out.

When my beam was on its way out I got caught out quite badly on a roundabout. Luckily no one else was nearby and the roundabout was a big one, but it could have happened on a tree-lined country lane which would have been VERY nasty.

As it is right now your car isn't roadworthy.

kb_205
Word of warning - don't go zooming round the lanes with or without your girlfriend until you've sorted this problem out.

When my beam was on its way out I got caught out quite badly on a roundabout. Luckily no one else was nearby and the roundabout was a big one, but it could have happened on a tree-lined country lane which would have been VERY nasty.

As it is right now your car isn't roadworthy.

Thanks for youre advice maturin!

i have been driving it hard for over a year not realising the extent of the problem due to the MOT pass :)

so it could have been disasterous! its soon to be sorted definately!

kb_205
Depends on what springs etc you're running.

hi baz,

at the moment i am running 275 8" springs obviously these can be changed fairly easily if need be, however i find these great for road use so far!

with this in mind what sort of thing is best for the rear??

thanks

Miles

Finding the T/B's and ARB is the hard part the rest is easy ish if expensive as only Pug have the Arm Shafts in stock. Finding a recently rebuilt beam is by far the chepest option but I would want to see it in parts as some people's idea of recon is just a bodge job, There's just a couple of companies that spring to mind on this thou

Sign in to follow this