• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
miamistu

Windscreen Seal

miamistu

Hi all,

Is the windscreen seal a part that somebody like autoglass can supply or am I going to have to go to pug?

I'm pretty sure mine is letting water in and want a pro to come and replace it.

Cheers

Stu :)

NeilGTi85

Im not sure about getting them from autoglass and the likes but I know Pug only charge a small amount for the seal.....I think I paid £4 for a rear window seal :)

Neil

Edited by NeilGTi85

welshpug

its only a rubber seal, so it would only be corrosion or damage when fitting that would cause leaks, no idea if a windscreen company would do them, seem to remember they used the old one on my mum's 305, either way not particularly expensive to buy new.

8120 64 WEATHERSTRIP-FIXED ROOF 29.97 GBP

8120 63 WEATHERSTRIP-SUN ROOF 30.26 GBP

Super Josh

When Autoglass replaced my rear screen recently, the Chap had a new seal with him, which was a pattern part. But I had already bought a genuine Pug one and it seemed much better quality than the pattern part and fitted really nicely.

I would buy a genuine one for the front.

Josh

Baz
8120 64 WEATHERSTRIP-FIXED ROOF 29.97 GBP

8120 63 WEATHERSTRIP-SUN ROOF 30.26 GBP

I'm presuming;

64 - non sunroof seal, 63 - sunroof type seal then.

welshpug

indeedly :)

miamistu

What's the difference between the seals? Surely the sunroof has nowt to do with the windscreen seal? Or is there a passageway for the sunroof drain?

welshpug

the sunroof seal has a raised edge at the top of the screen, to reduce wind noise across the sunroof, would lose you points at a show+shine event :)

Edited by welshpug

tom_m
When Autoglass replaced my rear screen recently, the Chap had a new seal with him, which was a pattern part. But I had already bought a genuine Pug one and it seemed much better quality than the pattern part and fitted really nicely.

I would buy a genuine one for the front.

Josh

was that the heated screen josh? how did it go?

Super Josh
was that the heated screen josh? how did it go?

No Tom, was a new rear screen. The Chap was supposed to be fitting my heated screen at the same time, but I think my drive to work with it in the back was a little too enthusiastic. See my post here

Josh

Sign in to follow this