• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris1986

Interior Wiring Loom

chris1986

hi just got another gti which i'm restoring but it has had alot of the dash and wiring butchered up basically the heater wires and a few other stuff, now i'm in the process of buying a phase one dash for it but i think rather than bodging the loom back up i think it would be better to get a new one. now, can you buy these new? or am i best getting a 2nd hand one which could be the same?

pug_ham

I doubt you'll be able to get them new, its 20 years since they were last made but you could probably modify a phase 1.5 / 2 loom to suit if you spent long enough doing it.

Where are you getting the phase 1 dash from? Ask if ytjhey'll leave the whole loom in & just unplugg everythng from the dashboard instead of pulling all the wiring out.

Graham.

humanz
you could probably modify a phase 1.5 / 2 loom to suit if you spent long enough doing it.

Graham.

As Graham said, it is possible to modify a ph1.5 or ph2 loom to work back, but it's a lot of headache. I actually tried. The easiest out is either to follow Graham's suggestion and get the loom when u collect the dashboard, or ask on the forums for anyone scrapping a ph1 dash loom.

If you do go the route of modifying a ph1.5/ph2 loom, you'll have to switch around some wires to get the slider controls for the heater to work, as well as find out the order wires are connected to the ph1 rectangular buttons as opposed to the ph1.5/ph2 round buttons (I'm referring to the buttons for the driving lights, hazard warning light, heated rear screen etc.). That was as far as I got before I got a ph1 loom to replace my old butchered one. Then u'll still have the task of making sure the wires going to the clocks are all accounted for.

Sign in to follow this