• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jij205

Which Engine?

Guest jij205

My mate is after a new engine in his 205 xr. we were thinking saxo vtr with throttle bodies..We wanna do sumin a little diffrent to mi16 and gti-6 conversion. :P All he's after is a hightorue engine to use on track. HELP :)

danpug

Depends how much torque you really want, the vtr engine is only a 1.6 so its not going to be a torque monster. It is a good little engine though and can be picked up for peanuts.

Edited by danpug

number2301

If you're going to the expense of throttle bodies surely you should at least start with a 16v?

nimmo

defo would't go with a vtr engine don't rate them at all, in fact there a huge disapointement,

well i think anyway.

anderoo

You mean a VTS/106 GTi engine surely?

dcc

arent these engines very thirsty for what they are?

surely the way to go is a Mi lump. very cheap for what you get, even the 106 gti engines (also the vts) would be a better choice than a vtr lump?

RossD

I'm doing something similar with my 205, using the engine from a 106 XSi. (1.6 8v)

Can get 150bhp from these with TB's, cam, headwork etc and a lovely spread of torque. Not something to be overlooked :)

Edited by RossD

Sign in to follow this