• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mhyphenl

Stereo For 1fm, Any Clues?

mhyphenl

A couple of very helpful people on here know this story already but here is a short version to get my point accross.

Bought a 205 '93 Gti of ebay without seeing or driving it due to its spec, (very stupid!) However it seemed to be a 1FM, had the full leather seats, Power Steering, ABS, Air Con, Heated seats, accoustic parcel shelf, (wheels were standard thought and no stereo.) On closer inspection found that there were no mounting points for the disk changer, then found the VIN wasn't right and finally as I started to work on it found it used to be Red!! :lol: .

Anyway after many months of suspension and engine work I finally got round to dashboard and electrical work. I know that whoever had the car completely removed everything to respray it black but put it back badly, working through it to make everything right and fixing the loom after various butcherings I found a black box that is attached to the front speakers, a small amp! I know this was unique to the 1FM, also I found a strange white grilled relay looking thing, any clues?

I really think someone has transplanted the interior of a 1FM into another car, hence the internal fittings being there but body extras not (like the mounting points!

Anyway, question is, anyone on here know what stereo and CD changer went into the 1FM, also any knowlege of the small power amp would be helpful!

welshpug

PM henry yorke the VIN, I believe he has a list of 1FM VIN's.

Baz

White grille relay thing sounds like the lights on ignition off warning buzzer.

cybernck

sounds like an 1FM that has been reshelled.

mhyphenl
White grille relay thing sounds like the lights on ignition off warning buzzer.

Ok, I guess I'll find that out when I fit my new door open switches!! Lazy sods never fitted them again!

As for the VIN, I already did that and it doesn't correspond, (although its fairly close), thats why I think the interior has been transplanted, I don't know how many of the 'extras' where optional !?

Baz
sounds like an 1FM that has been reshelled.

Or one of those strange late cars that has '1FM' on the log book.

2-Pugs

Martin,

The amplifier that was fitted was a Clarion 402A. The changer in the boot was a Clarion CDC9250. The head unit was a clarion CDC6700R. The boot changers are easy to find but the other two items are extremely scarce these days.

If you've found the original 1FM type amp, you should know straight away -as it's really obvious that's what it is - with all the writing on it and various audio connectors on it. It's about the size of a small paperback book and is held to the bottom of the heater matrix unit behind the stereo with a small metal plate.

Rob

Edited by 2-Pugs

mhyphenl
Martin,

The amplifier that was fitted was a Clarion 402A. The changer in the boot was a Clarion CDC9250. The head unit was a clarion CDC6700R. The boot changers are easy to find but the other two items are extremely scarce these days.

If you've found the original 1FM type amp, you should know straight away -as it's really obvious that's what it is - with all the writing on it and various audio connectors on it. It's about the size of a small paperback book and is held to the bottom of the heater matrix unit behind the stereo with a small metal plate.

Rob

Cheers Rob, helpful as always. Now I'm not sure, I'll check the markings tomorrow and probably PM you with the results!! I'm not sure now as it doesnt look very like a normal car audio amp.

I knew I should have PM'd you but I've been absent for so long I thought It'd be a bit presumptious.

, Martin

jackherer

Are you sure its attached to the speakers and not the central locking?

mhyphenl
Are you sure its attached to the speakers and not the central locking?

No, I found that, thats the little box! This is 4 or 5 times bigger and the speakers hiss faintly when plugged in. Bear in mind there is no stereo fitted so the speakers should be dead. It may be an amp but not the 1FM one! I'll have another look tomorrow on my day off and report back.

Phil H

The Clarion stereo fitted to this model had no internal amp, so used this amplifier. pm Stee1fm, as he has a 1FM. I think he managed to get a stereo on ebay italy.

Sign in to follow this